Blizz wanting to remove snapshotting?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Konungr
Exalted

Blizz wanting to remove snapshotting?

Post by Konungr » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:18 pm

So my guild leader was saying he read something about Blizzard wanting to transition Feral away from snapshotting... Can anyone confirm?

ShmooDude
Exalted

Re: Blizz wanting to remove snapshotting?

Post by ShmooDude » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:32 am

No idea. It's a fine mechanic, for single target... but beyond that it just gets silly. Even if they do, we won't see anything till next expansion.

I was kind of musing the other day about going the other way, and changing it into a resource instead to differentiate us from rogues.

You'd generate "bleed power" with shred/swipe/tiger's fury/talents and spend it on your bleeds. It'd function kinda like combo points mixed with DH resource generation.

Something like:
0-100 resource, 100 resources means double damage on bleeds, increased by mastery, regenerates out of combat after x seconds (or prowl simply gives you 100).
Shred generates 20
Swipe generates 10 per target
Tiger's Fury generates 10/second over its duration
Rake/Thrash is our general/aoe DoT (they both apply the same debuff)
Rip functions more like AF now, a powerful DoT on a cooldown
Ferocious Bite extends the duration of your bleeds by X seconds (but no BP generation).

Talents:
SR generates 10 bleed power every 3 seconds
SotF gives you 20 bleed power back after using a bleed

etc. Not really well thought out, but could be interesting if done right :) That way its not some mechanic you have to read up on, its more intuitive. At least that's the theory.

Konungr
Exalted

Post by Konungr » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:24 am

I like that idea, it's a very good one. Honestly though, my main two issues with the current system are Rip/SR Time Sync, and Blood Talons...

They need to either: Revert Savage Roar back to it's original Energy/Duration -OR- Change Jagged Wounds to have it increase Rake/Rip damage rather than reduced duration...
As far as Blood Talons goes, I just fucking hate it, it's such a PITA... AND I PLAYED IN WRATH!

teddabear
Revered

Post by teddabear » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:18 am

I'm not a fan of BT but I was willing to deal with it when we had trinket snapshotting because I really enjoyed that.

Now it just feels like a straightjacket along with the new SR.

xahn
Honored

Post by xahn » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:31 pm

:o Wait what , I've been away from WoW this expansion, did they brought snapshotting back the way it used to in Pandaria? I thought they removed that all together and you can only snapshot with tiger's fury, or did they revert something? I'm out of the loop kinda you can see. :lol:
Stoppage @ 6.2 -- Waiting for new expansion.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ahn/simple

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:04 pm

xahn wrote::o Wait what , I've been away from WoW this expansion, did they brought snapshotting back the way it used to in Pandaria? I thought they removed that all together and you can only snapshot with tiger's fury, or did they revert something? I'm out of the loop kinda you can see. :lol:
No, not like MoP, only our abilities snapshot (SR/TF/BT).

Treeba

Post by Treeba » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:00 am

Konungr wrote: As far as Blood Talons goes, I just fucking hate it, it's such a PITA... AND I PLAYED IN WRATH!
Agreed. It just flows awkwardly. Clunky is a terrible way to describe something, but that's exactly how it feels. Needing to cast an often pointless heal just to overbuff our abilities is a silly way to try to push a hybrid feel. I could stomach it better if the Predator's Swiftness proc made the heal off the gcd, but even then it's annoying. I feel like there has to be a better way to go about buffing the bleeds. I finally got the boot legendary and needing to do it so much more often is killing me inside.

A lot of ferals love it though. I don't understand it, but they do.
Last edited by Treeba on Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

RareBeast
Honored

Post by RareBeast » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:55 am

I used to like it when the heal was significant. Now it heals for so little compared to other classes passive abilities that even using it all fight we are way down the meters for healing. Because it was so insignificant I have just macro'd it to healing myself and don't even bother to heal targets in need any more.

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:18 am

RareBeast wrote:I used to like it when the heal was significant.
Same here. When it was HT, hit two targets (DoC), and was a big chunk of healing (e.g. in Highmaul), I really enjoyed making use of waiting time to look around and decide who to toss my next heal to and watching it make a significant difference.

BT makes sense in general given the existence of PS, in that we get a free and instant heal every finisher anyway, so it feels better to get damage out of it too instead of having to make the choice between either wasting a GCD on something that doesn't contribute to our role or wasting the proc.

But when the heal is so stupidly weak that it's almost *just* a DPS thing . . . that's weird.