Big changes in 7.3 - not doomed anymore?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

phalk

Re: Big changes in 7.3 - not doomed anymore?

Post by phalk » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:16 pm

I'd like to see how close talent builds are of each other.
Has anyone simmed anything yet?

If it's around the 5-10% difference from worse to best I'd never play JW+SR+BT ever again.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:20 pm

Its sims as 30% from best to worst, it was 60% before. But that's vs the predator/sotf/brutal slash/elune's guidance so its not like anyone would ever even think of playing that build.

In the default T20M gear:
BS/Inc/SR/BT +2.2%
BS/Inc/ST/BT +0.1%
BS/JW/SR/BT -------
BS/JW/ST/BT -1.2%
BS/Inc/BrS/BT -1.5%

But don't expect it to stay there. There are way too many vocal ferals that are going to advocate for the JW/SR/BT build so for it to be anything but the best would surprise me greatly. Personally, outside of maybe buffing JW slightly, I think this looks amazing and hope the final balance tuning of the talent is near this. SotF could use a slight buff but that'll never happen while the legendary ring is a thing.

Konungr
Exalted

Post by Konungr » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:49 pm

ShmooDude wrote:Its sims as 30% from best to worst, it was 60% before. But that's vs the predator/sotf/brutal slash/elune's guidance so its not like anyone would ever even think of playing that build.

In the default T20M gear:
BS/Inc/SR/BT +2.2%
BS/Inc/ST/BT +0.1%
BS/JW/SR/BT -------
BS/JW/ST/BT -1.2%
BS/Inc/BrS/BT -1.5%

But don't expect it to stay there. There are way too many vocal ferals that are going to advocate for the JW/SR/BT build so for it to be anything but the best would surprise me greatly. Personally, outside of maybe buffing JW slightly, I think this looks amazing and hope the final balance tuning of the talent is near this. SotF could use a slight buff but that'll never happen while the legendary ring is a thing.
Have you tested any builds with the new Moment of Clarity and is there any chance it comes within 2% of BloodTalons?

J23

Post by J23 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:19 am

I actually like their new approach, going away from only bleeds. Now people can choose shred or just main damage dealer as bleeds. To be honest, I would want this big change, ferals are getting way to low of a benefit for doing the bleeds right, and when they make 1 mistake you are basically screwed. Moment of clarity looks delicious.

Also blizzard can make better judgement for buffing or nerfing stuff with the new build. But dont like the snapshotting anymore, no reward for it.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:34 pm

Konungr wrote:Have you tested any builds with the new Moment of Clarity and is there any chance it comes within 2% of BloodTalons?
4.8% with incarnation

According to this guy's in game ptr test: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/top ... 8#post-145 Inc/MoC is the best if you use T19 with it. If that's really the case expect T19 to get nerfed at a minimum.

phalk

Post by phalk » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:03 am

Inc/SR/BT feels pretty good to play on the PTR with the new SR duration. I hope it stays the top damage build or at least close to it after the final tuning.

Warelder

Post by Warelder » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:52 pm

That being said, i would assume CoF will come back as a BiS correct?

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:47 pm

I'd expect an Incarnation nerf. They buffed shred's bonus from 20 to 50% during beta when they nerfed shred to the ground, and these changes are all an indirect buff to Shred (Shred does relatively more damage with the nerf to BT/JW and inc now has access to Savage Roar).