New playstyle with MoC :(

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Post Reply
Oronare
Honored
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:24 am

New playstyle with MoC :(

Post by Oronare » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:34 pm

Around 25% of my damage is now shred...

My thumb is going to get totally fucked spamming my shred key if this is now the style Blizz wants to be the highest DPS for feral. How does everyone feel about our damage being moved away from bleeds and just being shred machines?

Apparently now it also doesn't even matter when you use AF, 0-4 combo points and you're good to go.

Man this is boring...and my thumb hates it haha

Nich
Honored
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: New playstyle with MoC :(

Post by Nich » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:37 pm

Why play with MoC if you don't like the playstyle?

Fyneas
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:25 am

Re: New playstyle with MoC :(

Post by Fyneas » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:11 am

Some people sim higher with Moc, some sim higher with BT. depends of your gear, but the difference should be around 30 - 50k dps, but it's kinda RnG dependant.

if you want more consistency, pick BT, or if there are run away mechanics ( Goroth / Avatar) BT is better.

And with the nerf of SR, playing BrS is a loss of around 40k dps too on pure single target, and compete/ surpass SR if adds spawn during an encounter and you align tiger fury + 3 Brs.

Incarnation is the best, especially with CoF until 7.3.5 nerfs this trinket. If you had a mythic, or titanforge, it's worth for 2 month until the nerf.
Last edited by Fyneas on Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Oronare
Honored
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:24 am

Re: New playstyle with MoC :(

Post by Oronare » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:13 am

Nich wrote:Why play with MoC if you don't like the playstyle?
Because it is simming as and actually doing more dps for me right now at 930 ilevel.

When on progression I don't believe you can just take an inferior choice because it is more fun, it isn't fair to the other people in the group.

Nich
Honored
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: New playstyle with MoC :(

Post by Nich » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:50 am

Are the assumptions made by the sim backed up in the raid?

I like the BT/SR playstyle, but when I tried BS/MoC last night I a) found it difficult to get used to pressing different finishers all the time, butmostly b) I found it a lot easier to see what was going on with mechanics and the rest of the raid. That's important to me because I was overseas and missed most of Tomb, so I've only been back for it for 4 inconsistent weeks. It's no longer progression for the rest of the raid (mostly) but it still feels like it for me, and in that case, I like having more attention to spare - at the cost of about 4-5% dps, according to simcraft, if I meet all its assumptions about full contact time and no mistakes (which I don't, because progression).


(As far as inferior choice, while I get your point, haven't we been the inferior choice to warlocks and mages and rogues and fury warriors for most of this expansion? I think within 5% is reasonable for playstyle preferences; more than 10, especially more than 20%, is where I'd be drawing the line)

Whitepaw
Honored
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:00 am

Re: New playstyle with MoC :(

Post by Whitepaw » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:19 am

You asked how we feel - I feel GREAT!

However, I play with BrS, so that generates most of my damage. In fact, playing with Inc/BrS/MoC has me juggling 4 x combo generators and 2 x finishers. That's just as complex as the old JW/SR/BT build: 1 more combo generator, 1 less finisher (but we used FB so rarely that having 1 extra combo builder generates more complexity than removing a finisher).

I would have liked to have FB deal more damage and scale Shred back a little - but Blizzard seems to not really like having FB deal a lot of damage, so here we are.

Tareko
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:58 am

Re: New playstyle with MoC :(

Post by Tareko » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:06 am

Yeah, I love this playstyle, much more hectic and "wild" than the previous one, and the fact that BT is no longer mandatory is great.

And right now we have a viable AoE talent setup :D

Oronare
Honored
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:24 am

Re: New playstyle with MoC :(

Post by Oronare » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:45 am

Nich wrote:Are the assumptions made by the sim backed up in the raid?

I like the BT/SR playstyle, but when I tried BS/MoC last night I a) found it difficult to get used to pressing different finishers all the time, butmostly b) I found it a lot easier to see what was going on with mechanics and the rest of the raid. That's important to me because I was overseas and missed most of Tomb, so I've only been back for it for 4 inconsistent weeks. It's no longer progression for the rest of the raid (mostly) but it still feels like it for me, and in that case, I like having more attention to spare - at the cost of about 4-5% dps, according to simcraft, if I meet all its assumptions about full contact time and no mistakes (which I don't, because progression).


(As far as inferior choice, while I get your point, haven't we been the inferior choice to warlocks and mages and rogues and fury warriors for most of this expansion? I think within 5% is reasonable for playstyle preferences; more than 10, especially more than 20%, is where I'd be drawing the line)
Are the assumptions made by the sim backed up in the raid? For me last night, the answer would be yes...very much so. It just feels to me like they could have left it as it was, and if you *wanted* this new super fast playstyle you could spec into it, but the "better" players who wanted a challenge to do the absolute maximum damage could stay as it was. My 2c.

Ayleena
Honored
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:26 am

Re: New playstyle with MoC :(

Post by Ayleena » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:38 pm

I have noticed DPS increases here and there, but I haven't really been able to test much so far. The biggest problem for me is I still want to hit Regrowth before all of my finishers. I have to ween myself off of that because it's wasting a Global cooldown.

User avatar
Sibylle
Revered
Posts: 477
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:51 am
Location: Ireland

Re: New playstyle with MoC :(

Post by Sibylle » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:43 pm

Ayleena wrote:I have noticed DPS increases here and there, but I haven't really been able to test much so far. The biggest problem for me is I still want to hit Regrowth before all of my finishers. I have to ween myself off of that because it's wasting a Global cooldown.
Wasting a global cooldown is an issue now? Wow, things seem to have *really* changed.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Oronare
Honored
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:24 am

Re: New playstyle with MoC :(

Post by Oronare » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:02 pm

Sibylle wrote:
Ayleena wrote:I have noticed DPS increases here and there, but I haven't really been able to test much so far. The biggest problem for me is I still want to hit Regrowth before all of my finishers. I have to ween myself off of that because it's wasting a Global cooldown.
Wasting a global cooldown is an issue now? Wow, things seem to have *really* changed.
Yeah you don't want to waste that GCD when you could be getting carpal tunnel from SHREDSHREDSHREDSHREDSHREDSHREDSHRED lol

Cluey
Honored
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: New playstyle with MoC :(

Post by Cluey » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:19 am

Ayleena wrote:I have noticed DPS increases here and there, but I haven't really been able to test much so far. The biggest problem for me is I still want to hit Regrowth before all of my finishers. I have to ween myself off of that because it's wasting a Global cooldown.
Yeah this is really hard to break, we've been doing it for SO many years now.
It's a pity they didn't take it off the GCD, that would make it all much smoother.

Post Reply