Target dummy with various talent dmg results

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

bacevicius
Honored

Target dummy with various talent dmg results

Post by bacevicius » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:08 pm

Hey guys I am posting this to see if I am missing anything as far as sims per various combos of talents on a raid dummy . Please let me know if yours vary.

First off im 924 ivl with Headdress and SotAD ring / pouncers

I did a 4 minute dummy test using various talents and these are the results
Versatility gems and chants using BRS / mastery using JW

INC/BRS/BT 4 mins 1.25m dmg at end (burst 1.98m)
INC/SR/BT 4 mins 1.21m dmg at end (burst 1.72m)
JW/SR/BT 4 mins 1.18m dmg at end * mastery gems chants

Has anyone noticed that were going back to direct damage being the more powerful build than the last patch dot mastery build???
Also I was not able to determine whether the SotF talent ring added 5% to SR (20%) after testing.

due to the lack of pure single target raid bosses it seems easy to assume that INC BRS BT pulls way ahead of anything now...
Thoughts?

Cluey
Honored

Re: Target dummy with various talent dmg results

Post by Cluey » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:00 am

A four minute time isn't long enough to make any conclusions about talents, that's why simulators got made.

The changes have lowered the percentage of damage coming from DoT's so mastery isn't as valuable as it was.
The talents are much closer than they were, probably close enough that you can play the one you play best and be fine. Having said that if you're in a guild pushing for server first you'd probably want to sim yourself and work out which gear/talent combo is best for the different fight types.

bacevicius
Honored

Post by bacevicius » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:07 am

Well that was the first thing I did, however simulationcraft isnt even able to determine accurate results for the new changes in 7.3 and amr is just not even close to what I did manually on the dummy , that was what I was going for in this post , just to see if anyone else has experimented with the various talents and on a live server.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:28 am

"Not close" in what way?

Metan

Post by Metan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:15 am

youre good, if you can do this, i dont have that skills, to hold right rotation to determinate wich setup is better.

i start play yesterday and now i know, i dont like it at all. i love how feral was. and now its hybrid between single and aoe. i dont know :(

Cluey
Honored

Post by Cluey » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:33 am

ShmooDude wrote:"Not close" in what way?
I second this.

I've found the AMR sim to be really accurate. I've been using it to work out what I've been doing wrong by importing my Goroth log in and seeing the different spell breakdown the sim gets compared to my log.

The new adaptive strat is awesome too, it's suggesting setups the same as a batch run which takes hours.
If you change your talents it will recalculate the BiB with the new talents.