Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

ShmooDude
Exalted

ShmooDude's Feral Hekili profile

Post by ShmooDude » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:42 am

Starting a new thread now since I'm using Hekili

Simcraft script: https://github.com/ShmooDude/Feral_Scri ... Script.txt
Hekili import string: https://github.com/ShmooDude/Feral_Scri ... import.txt (last update 1/26/19)

A few reasons for the switch to Hekili from Ovale.
- It's a lot easier to work with.
- Directly uses simcraft scripts.
- It supports range based AoE through nameplate detection. (defaults to having that and damage based AoE, I recommend turning the damage based off).
- Can display more than just the next ability (defaults to the next 4)
- Good amount of customization through options

Downsides:
- Can't have (offensive) cooldowns displayed as a separate icon like you could in Ovale. Could easily create weak auras to compliment it though.
- No custom checkboxes/drop down lists. I could replicate some of this functionality using variables, though would be far less intuitive.
Last edited by ShmooDude on Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

gsanta

Re: ShmooDude's Feral Hekili profile

Post by gsanta » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:16 am

I look forward to trying out Hekili and the new script.
Thanks Shmoo.

boblawClaw

Post by boblawClaw » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:44 am

Thank you very much Shmoo!
Been a long time lurker around here in Kitty DPS (since script 4.0 maybe?! idk.....aaaaand somehow lost/forgot credentials of my first account in the process - geee...). Created a new account to let you know that I really appreciate your work here since taking over the helm from Leafkiller & co. Your scripts always helped me to get my rotation groove back on and to stay kind of "relevant" as a DD even though I can't spend nearly as much time playing/reading WoW as I would like to over the last years. Especially in times when playing feral fell out of style like very very recently (and still...). Love my feral main and wouldn't wanna play WoW any other way.

So, back to topic: Really looking forward to trying out Hekili with your scripts! If you go ahead an decide to outsource some old Ovale functionality to Weak auras I would also be very interested, since I never really gotthe hang of this whole WA2/TMW HUD scene...

Thanks again!

Wellwow
Honored

Post by Wellwow » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:24 am

Thanks, ShmooDude. I installed Hekili last night and gave it a whirl. There's a lot of customization that can be done within the addon but the script worked well on the target dummy. Well... once I realized that Hekili was intercepting my berserk keybind (alt-shift-r). I'm not yet sure how I'll handle the single target versus AoE options: multiple bars, automatic switching, or keybinds.

Clawandorder

Post by Clawandorder » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:29 pm

I think I imported correctly.

But could you explain how to import?

boblawClaw

Post by boblawClaw » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:10 am

So, I think from doing it wrong the first time this is what I learned:
- import Shmoo's Hekili import string to 'Settings->Priorities->Share Priorities->Import
- a new list entry in 'Settings->Priorities' called 'ShmooDude's Feral' will appear' with what I think is everything we need already inside (simc script etc)
-under 'Settings->Feral->Priority' dropdown select 'ShmooDude's Feral and then deselect checkbox 'Detect enemies by damage' (as per his post. However I am not sure about this whole step...)
- Test shred away

not sure about it all though

Achooz

Post by Achooz » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:58 am

@Shmoo – I tested the script, running Sbt, SotF, PW, BT. One thing I noticed is that when I was sitting in between 3 training dummies, it would immediately want to refresh a 5cp PW with another 5cp PW. I think you can easily get a 5cp bite in there before needing to refresh PW. Seemed like a waste for it to keep spamming PW.

boblawClaw

Post by boblawClaw » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:52 pm

@Achooz:
For me turning off damage based AOE detection as recommended in OP results in Primal Wrath not being recommended when fighting dummies at all. Had to fight a few world mobs to really check if PW works. Maybe this causes some odd behavior?

gsanta

Post by gsanta » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:50 am

@boblawClaw Did you have enemy nameplates on? I had a similar problem with Weak Auras once and that was the reason.

boblawClaw

Post by boblawClaw » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:01 am

gsanta wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:50 am
@boblawClaw Did you have enemy nameplates on? I had a similar problem with Weak Auras once and that was the reason.
Yes, this came to my mind to, however switching nameplates on/off in WoW settings did not change anything in my case. Either way dummies weren't recognized as multiple targets, so PW was not recommended. Fighting world mobs works fine, multiple targets are detected and PW is recommended. You can also see the number of detected AOE targets in the main action window - pretty cool! Funny enough, there wasn't any difference when switching WoW nameplates on off while fighting mobs, Hekili still recognized them.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:25 pm

@Achooz - RE: Ferocious Bite. I tried stuff like that (in fact, the current feral script is actually supposed to work like that but doesn't cause it isn't set right) but couldn't come up with anything that resulted in higher DPS. You have to keep in mind that even though Ferocious Bite hits harder, it also costs significantly more energy. With SotF, FB has a net cost of 25 energy while PW has a net gain of 5 energy. That essentially means that you're not just competing with PW's 31.5% instant damage * 3 targets = 94.5% AP of instant damage. You're also saving (basically) enough energy for another Swipe. That's another 34.5% * 3 targets = 103.5% AP damage plus probably 2 CPs generated. Ferocious Bite (w/ SotF & Sbt) does 247.7% AP damage @ 50 energy and so isn't significantly higher in overall damage output. If you find something that gives a notable gain in simcraft though I'll add it. :)

@ boblawClaw - I think I figured out the problem. You have to have "Always Show Nameplates" on (`nameplateShowAll` CVar). Target dummies (the DPS kind anyhow) don't "aggro" you and thus the UI doesn't enable their nameplates for non-targets despite you attacking them. No nameplate, no nameplate detection. :)

As far as the range. With balance affinity, either 10 or 11 is the correct value to use. 10 will be conservative (slightly shorter than our actual AoE range) and 11 is slightly bigger than our aoe range.

Arthaei
Honored

Post by Arthaei » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:53 pm

This feels a lot better, hekili is also proving to yield more dps for balance too :) I worked out how to set a range for 11yds pretty quickly (makes perfect sense with balance aff). And it's nice to be able to reduce the amount of icons so it 'feels' more like Ovale.

Thanks Shmoo, great stuff!
"Many druids died to bring us this information"

Warelder

Post by Warelder » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:09 pm

I understand the reasoning for the shift, but i don't see some items displaying correctly or maybe it's my misunderstanding of rotation. Items I'm addressing are listed below:

As a preface to the below inquiry i have the following Azerite Traits: Wild Fleshrending, Jungle Fury, & Archive of the Titans

1.) Brutal Slash; This is not being suggested when it's available and Shred seems to take precedence. I have noticed that Hekili seems stack all 3 BrS rather than use on cd. Is there a setting that I can adjust within the addon to address this?

2.) Ferocious Bite; This is not suggested to add time to targets with Rip about to expire. If a Rip is about to expire, I'm under the impression that it's better to add time than to let it drop (ST rotation).

3.) Hekili doesn't update it's suggestion immediately based on situation. For example, A Rip is about to expire, but I need to back out due to mechanics. Upon entering combat you'd expect FB to take precedence, but the same rotation is still listed. Compared to Ovale, the icon would have changed to FB so that Rip doesn't drop. Granted the example I provided is the second bullet point, but it's more about the lack of variables Hekili is considering.

These are just my initial observations, and I'm extremely new to Hekili, so I'm really hoping there are settings I'm just not familiar with that will answer these items for me. Also note that I've imported SchmooDude's updated script.

Thank you in advance....

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:35 pm

@Warelder - 1) Brutal Slash - I have a few updates coming to this. I think on the version you have it basically requires more than 1 target, or tiger's fury to be up which ends up wasting some charges due to how fast it recharges now. I've added to my local copy so that it'll use Brutal Slash at 2 or more charges as long as Tiger's Fury won't come off cooldown before the 3rd charge (in addition to using it if there's more than one target or Tiger's Fury is up).

2 & 3) Keep in mind that Sabertooth is no longer a refresh but an extension (4 seconds per CP spent on FB upto a max of 130% of 24 seconds). This, combined with Ferocious Bite scaling with Mastery and Rip's slight damage nerf from the patch make it no longer a certainty that using a sub-5 CP FB on a low duration Rip is correct.

The script is actually setup to require the enemy to live quite a bit (8 Rip ticks) when considering whether to refresh or not. Rip does 12.5% AP per tick while a 50 energy Ferocious Bite does (with Sbt) ~165% AP after armor. That means it actually takes 13 ticks of Rip (a 5 CP rip is only 12 ticks before haste) to do damage equal to a FB. Now of course, Rip is significantly cheaper so you don't actually need the full 13 ticks for it to be worth using Rip but you do need quite a few.

---

One of the nice things about Hekili is it has a "pause" function (bound to ALT-SHIFT-P by default, you can change it in the options) that will allow you to freeze what's currently displayed. You can then mouse over a particular icon and it will show you exactly what the criteria is for that suggestion. Additionally, if you then open the Hekili options, there's a "Snapshots" tab where it'll output exactly what the action list calculated during that pause to arrive at what it did. If you really feel it's doing something "wrong" you can throw this into a paste bin and I can take a look, but I believe it's working as intended as far as Ferocious Bite goes. It's simply not as cut and dried as it used to be.

Wellwow
Honored

Post by Wellwow » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:42 am

I'm pretty sure the Interrupt operation is not considering Mighty Bash.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:37 pm

@Wellwow - It's not, Hekili doesn't support interrupt action lists like Ovale did. We'd have to create a WeakAura

ElwoodRi

Post by ElwoodRi » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:18 am

A WeakAura would work though, right? Maybe not perfectly, but it would.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:30 pm

Easily.

Oronare
Honored

Post by Oronare » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:58 pm

Just wondering if it is correct or the script is slightly off - with wild fleshrending it will suggest that BrS has priority over thrash, to the point where in the opening it will suggest dumping BrS before even applying thrash, is this correct? Seems like it shouldn't be.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:53 am

@Oronare - yeah, it's a bit of an increase. Sims at 0.2-0.3% better so making the change.

New version uploaded REIMPORT

Should feel a lot better with Brutal Slash now in general. Also added expiring predatory swiftness (virtually never happens in the sim with enough haste but happens in game a good bit with forced downtimes).

Oronare
Honored

Post by Oronare » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:54 am

Thanks for the reply and the hard work on the scripts for us all.

Bashui

Post by Bashui » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:43 pm

Thanks for this shmoo. I will be trying out hekili tonight (M+) and this weekend (raid). I added a line to my APL that sims a bit higher for 2+ targets and helps a lot with not overcapping CPs in big aoe conditions (Reaping).

Code: Select all

actions.generators+=/regrowth,if=talent.bloodtalons.enabled&buff.predatory_swiftness.up&buff.bloodtalons.down&combo_points=4&azerite.gushing_lacerations.enabled&spell_targets.primal_wrath>1

Below are are couple talking points, not suggested APL changes:

The APL only overwrites a weak rip (with SbT) in pandemic. I tried mucking around with the APL and couldn't improve on what you have, without intentionally scuffing the opener

actions.opener="rake"
actions.opener+="/variable,name=opener_done,value=1"
With that change and changing the rip line to

actions.finishers+=/rip,target_if=talent.sabertooth.enabled&(!ticking|persistent_multiplier>dot.rip.pmultiplier)&target.time_to_die>dot.rip.remains+variable.rip_ticks*(1+dot.rip.ticking*3)*action.rip.tick_time
produces better results in the sim and, I think, more accurately represents the in game situation where you are recovering from having to do mechanics or switch targets. I will be making the rip change in my local APL for Hekili and see how it plays out.

I am sure you and others have spent much more time with the sims than I have, but it seems to me that with SbT and PW, you should be able to find conditions where you should PW instead of Rip. The extra direct damage isn't much on a single target but it seems like it would be "free damage" as long as it didn't cause your rip to fall off. It doesn't seem like the conditions wouldn't be all that rare (for a patchwork type sim), but I haven't been able to get an APL that shows a dps increase.

Bashui

Post by Bashui » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:17 am

Hekili also doesn't seem to detect that I have Shadowmeld in BoD, any idea if that is a limitation of the addon?

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:48 am

@Bashui - RE: Regrowth @ 4 CP for Primal Wrath.
Yeah, I was planning on adding something along those lines for the next version.

RE: Rip overwriting
The reason that rip is only doing it in pandemic is because increasing a multiplier only for Tiger's Fury requires an extremely time to live on the enemy (the sim would never not have Regrowth available for a finisher). When you refresh earlier than that you're then also sacrificing additional rip ticks. Something would have to be alive for like 2+ minutes.

Without Azerite Traits (w/ Sbt)...
Rip = 12.5% AP per tick compared to
FB = 165.1% AP (after armor)

That's ~13 Rip ticks to equal one Ferocious Bite in damage. So for a 15% multiplier increase you now need over 88 ticks (not accounting for the energy cost difference) for it to be worthwhile to overwrite during pandemic. More when you're now losing ticks of that initial Rip cast. Gushing Lacerations would bring this down a bit, but not significantly (1x Gushing Lacerations for me is ~10% increased damage on Rip). The script currently uses 32 ticks which is a very conservative value given the math.

Even in a situation where you've lost your opening Rip, I'm not sure that a pre-pandemic overwrite is going to be the correct answer. I would probably make sure that it has BT (hard casting Regrowth if necessary) and just not bother with Tiger's Fury unless you know you're going to be on that target for 2+ minutes. I suppose I could be convinced to drop the pandemic requirement but up the ticks needed for doing it up closer to the 60 mark (2 minutes pre haste).

If you want it to be more agressive, maybe something like:

# Number of Rip ticks needed for use on low health targets.
actions.precombat+=/variable,name=rip_ticks,op=set,value=11-azerite.gushing_lacerations.enabled-azerite.gushing_lacerations.rank
actions.precombat+=/variable,name=rip_ticks,op=mul,value=1.2,if=talent.sabertooth.enabled
so 11 ticks @ 0 GL, 9 @ 1, 8 @ 2, 7 @ 3 before sabertooth multiplier (so 13 @ 0, 10.8 @ 1, 9.6 @ 2, 8.4 @ 3)
and the rip section changed to:

actions.finishers+=/pool_resource,for_next=1
actions.finishers+=/rip,target_if=talent.sabertooth.enabled&!ticking&target.time_to_die>dot.rip.remains+variable.rip_ticks*action.rip.tick_time
actions.finishers+=/pool_resource,for_next=1
actions.finishers+=/rip,target_if=talent.sabertooth.enabled&persistent_multiplier>dot.rip.pmultiplier&target.time_to_die>dot.rip.remains+(variable.rip_ticks%(persistent_multiplier-dot.rip.pmultiplier))*action.rip.tick_time
which basically calculates roughly how long it'd take for the increased multiplier to result in more total damage.

Bashui

Post by Bashui » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:05 pm

I cleared N BoD last night using Hekili and this profile and the only major issues were 1) Berserk being part of the main rotation was annoying when holding it. 2) It would not suggest Shadowmeld when I was transformed into a NE.

For the first one, I disabled berserk in the APL and created a WA that should use the same conditions as the APL (https://wago.io/IxSK483v8) It shows the icon if there is < 10s on the berzerk cooldown and makes it glow if energy >30 and your TF CD <1 or >5. I'll have to see if I can figure out how to get a Shadowmeld version to work.