The d'oh thread

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Polihayse
Revered

Re: The d'oh thread

Post by Polihayse » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:43 pm

Helping a pug with heroic archimonde. Doing between 95k and 105k all night. On the pull where we kill it, I am in the downstairs. Star is chasing me as people are exiting. I run away from the group with the intention of exploding it on myself and using displacer to save myself. I randomly clip through the floor and fall to my death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTpKxbK ... e=youtu.be

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:48 am

Na that crack is just bigger than it looks. I assure you on Mythic Archi progression you will lose at least 3 people to that exact spot before everyone learns to stay away from that side.

Guiltyas

Post by Guiltyas » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:42 am

I remember to repair my gear now

Was on kilrogg on our 4th or so kilrog kill. I usually take the 2nd visions, We'd just wiped for the 3rd time due to ranged dropping the ball and missing some add focus. A fuck up soaking the big add pool by our first visions group and various other reasons. I raid lead for this group so i reminded everyone what they should do, give them the pep talk and trigger the pull timer to go. All goes well and everyone does their job. Ranged get on the correct targets. groups soak stuff properly. As I go to soak the 2nd pool ready for visions my weapon breaks. I quickly switch to my spare weapon (this is something that happens occasionally to me) my PvP weapon. Visions are going a bit slower due to me loosing 20 ilvls on my weapon but we have around 16 stacks when we get knocked out. I gleefully pop sprint and blink and incarn as i hit the boss. My pvp weapon breaks. Shit. I didn't have another spare apart from my upgraded boomkin staff.

RIP

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:06 pm

In my pervious guild on our first kill of Heroic Garrosh had their flask run out mid fight. They had to trade another caster (he was a warlock) mid fight to get another one and use it. That was just before the start of P4. You can even see it happen in our kill video.

Dashuria

Post by Dashuria » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:40 pm

I was leading my hfc glory group, everything was great til we stsrted socrethar and ghosts came out. I figured out that I was the only druid who havent switched talents and I couldn't mass root or vortex them.. I thought that we will fail achievement.. but then one druid that wasnt assigned decided to yolo root em, what a relief lol

Sibylle
Revered

Post by Sibylle » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:29 pm

My guild has a casual raid who's just now closing in on Archimonde normal. They raid once a week and I think it's commendable that they're still at it after all these months, and have worked their way through all the bosses. Their raid leader is a guy who is also in my raid, so I whispered him on battle.net: "If you need re-inforcements on Sunday, give me a shout. I'll have the launcher open."

Now, we haven't been raiding in months and I have only logged in to level an alt, but for the past four weeks or so I haven't even done that. So on Sunday, he asked me to bring my feral, the well-geared member of the main raid who cleared heroic months ago. Should be great, right?

I quickly discovered that I was so rusty I fumbled the simplest of mechanics. First attempt I was third in dps. Oops.

By the fourth attempt I had managed to remember my opener (don't ask). By the fifth, I no longer fumbled and finally pulled ahead in damage. But by the spirits, what a rough start - I had no idea I was *so* out of practice on my feral. So much for my rock star appearance to show the poor casuals what a raider is :oops:
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Dwade
Honored

Post by Dwade » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:36 pm

Sibylle wrote: I quickly discovered that I was so rusty I fumbled the simplest of mechanics. First attempt I was third in dps. Oops.

By the fourth attempt I had managed to remember my opener (don't ask). By the fifth, I no longer fumbled and finally pulled ahead in damage. But by the spirits, what a rough start - I had no idea I was *so* out of practice on my feral. So much for my rock star appearance to show the poor casuals what a raider is :oops:
I haven't play much lately as well and my old guild requested my dps and they were always a lot of fun to raid with so I went in to give a hand. I realized at the end of the night that I had done every fight in my tanking gear...

Dashuria

Post by Dashuria » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:19 pm

Last week I was on my hfc mythic guild run, we were at Reaver, everything was okay til rogue said "Cmon soul cap!" and I realised that something is wrong, checked my character equipment, yeah, I had only 1 trinket equipped - Censer, my soul cap was in bags

susaki

Post by susaki » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:07 pm

I got doom one night my team was progressing on mythic mannorth, however I was pretty tired at the time and didn't notice... instead I thought it was my soul cap (the two effects on your screen are very similar), needless to say shortly after I blew up the whole raid >.<

Kethwee

Post by Kethwee » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:19 pm

I was in a well ordered and lead PvP engagement the other day lamenting my dismal dps and capacity for death. Someone whispered to me " Do you have a fishing pole?" I thought, what an odd question! "Yes. Why?" I answered. "Equipped" he said.

Dashuria

Post by Dashuria » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:45 am

More like whole guild fail.
My guild did alt run yesterday (last hc alt run, we will do mythic next week). I was on my 721 feral alt and someone was on his main kitty 741. Everything was awesome, I did crazy dps on most bosses, I beat all my previoous records on this alt and at some bosses I got awewome procs and even beat this feral and my main.. I wanted to check my logs and share it with my friends today, but... Everyone forgot to do /combatlog.. One guy have logs from assault only, where I was afking, great..