So after some rather extensive in-game testing, I determined (with help of a few people from SimC IRC!) that both the AP coefficient and base damage of Rake were reduced by ~22.66%. This is a huge loss so I'm tempted to believe that this is not the case, but we'll wait til we get some datamined numbers. For the time being I'll be using this 0.3 AP coefficient.
A couple points I've discovered:
- Rake is still a DPS gain for both T13H and T14H. The difference is around 300 DPS in both cases, although the 90 profile is not optimized.
- I was able to gain something like 1.2k DPS for T13H shred by implementing the changes that were made to the rake profile.
- The "combo_points<5" conditional on the ripshred fallback line is a DPS loss for the T13H shred profile.
- T14H_FoN is still better than T14H_SotF by about 300 DPS, but I'm going to keep working with the SotF profile because theoretically people will prefer to use it unless an encounter specifically calls for burst.
- The new SR desync line we came up for the T13H rake action list is a loss in T14H. Furthermore, it's a 100 DPS gain to remove the desync line that was already in the T14H profile.
- OOC Thrash is about a 1k DPS gain in T14H. I attempted to add some conditionals to keep it from sniping CP at important times but it was a loss.
- Got a 300 DPS gain out of converting the aggressive FB line into the new ticks_added format... but here's the fun part, the optimal threshold is 4 seconds. Apparently SotF does have something to do with this, because with no talent taken in T4 the optimal threshold becomes 8 seconds, but I definitely don't understand how a 4 second threshold makes any sense at all. Hell, a 8 second threshold w/o SotF doesn't seem to make much sense either.
Here's some updated talent comparisons:
Now for sleep!
PS: I did make this post regarding the consequences of this hotfix, in the CBAT2. Hopefully it recieves some attention even if it isn't in the form of a forum response.