Getting to hardcore

All the non-WOW stuff goes here.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

takerurwars

Getting to hardcore

Post by takerurwars » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:20 pm

I was just wondering, how did some of you find yourselves in hardcore progression groups? It feels as if to get into those groups you need to be in anouther hardcore progression group to even start. The catch-22, to do hardcore progression you need a hardcore group, to get a hardcore group you need to do hardcore progression.

Sibylle
Revered

Re: Getting to hardcore

Post by Sibylle » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:40 pm

In my experience, hardcore raiding guilds are struggling too, with keeping up a quality roster, with people dropping out, no longer having the time etc. I'd say check out their websites to see if they're recruiting - you might be surprised that a few of them would be willing to give you a chance. You'll probably be trialled on farm nights at first, and sat for major progression, but you can "work your way up". It's how pretty much every hardcore raider got started.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

msrobinson
Honored

Post by msrobinson » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:50 pm

Most good progression guild worth their salt will not decline player applications. The reason is they only have potential positives.

They won't lose money as they won't pay for your transfer, and yet they have the benefit of potentially finding a player who is better than ones they currently have.

If you are good enough to join a hardcore progression guild, just app to the ones you think you are good enough to join. They will most likely let you app. You pay for xfer, you app. They will take gear into consideration. If you are mechanically better than some of their other players, you will get accepted. They will gear you up and you will join their progression raid.

Performing raid mechanics correctly is by far the #1 most important skill a raider can have, and what most good progression guilds look for in players. Doing high damage is an INSANELY good benefit on top of that, of course, but doing good damage and dying to rolls on oregorger doesn't matter. You'll get sat.

As long as you play like a hardcore raider, you will find a guild if you continue to app and look.

takerurwars

Post by takerurwars » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:39 pm

Thanks for the replies, it's information I know I'll keep in mind