Return of Konungr

All the non-WOW stuff goes here.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Konungr
Exalted

Return of Konungr

Post by Konungr » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:00 am

Greetings my fellow Ferals! Some of you know me, others may not, as I have been away for far too long. For those that don't, I played from Classic all the way until the first tier of Mist of Pandaria. I have played a feral druid exclusively for 99% of that time, with the exception of the 3 days I leveled a Death Knight to max and then deleted the character or was forced to play a different spec for the sake of the raid, because you know, Feral sucked ass in Classic... Anyways, my schedule IRL didn't want to cooperate with a heroic progression raid team, so I had to put Azeroth to the wayside and look into other games to fulfill my need to kill pixels, for a time it was StarCraft 2 and WildStar.

Fast forward ~3 years and here I am in the desert of Africa on another deployment reading through the Warcraft novels and the nostalgia is overwhelming. Given that my career when I return home will be in a state of flux, I feel as if it's as good a time as any to attempt to rejoin the world of Azeroth and get back to my Feral roots. Unfortunately, I won't be back stateside until about March timeframe next year, and the raids of Legion will already be underway by that time, but I figure if I can get back into the game now, get leveled up and decipher all the changes that have occurred, I will be able to hop right back in a little bit easier.

The first priority is to figure out how much the game and specifically the Feral gameplay has changed in the past 3 years since I've been away. Then I have to figure out what I'm going to do for a UI as I refuse to use the default UI, especially not when I will be lie streaming raids. Before I left, I had been using ElvUI with several personal tweaks to make it unique to me, though I'm not sure if that will still be an option as I don't know how much the LUA has changed for the game. Once I get the game downloaded and purchase the Draenor expansion, I can begin leveling up to max and knocking out some older content to re-familiarize myself with the game. I will most likely create a new druid to experience the leveling process from 1-90 and then jump back onto Konungr (Don't want to have to start all over with the 11k+ achievements, some of which are pre-nerf FoS, lol. I already lost all my pre-WotLK Feats of Strength when I got hacked and had to start over.

Secondly, as I am returning from deployment next Feb/Mar, I will be ordering the parts to build me a new gaming machine, as it is time for an upgrade. I already have most of the build set-up with what I want to buy, though I continue to do more research each week to tweak the build to hit that sweet spot between performance and cost. PCPartPicker is my current layout. I'm still up in the air on a few things, such as whether or not to switch from the 980 ti to the 1080 and such.

Any comments, questions, or recommendations y'all have will be most welcome! I look forward to getting back into the game and starting back into the theorycrafting side of the game as well.

Konungr
Exalted

Re: Return of Konungr

Post by Konungr » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:06 pm

Also, does anyone know a good tunnel/proxy service so I can make the most of my 2 Mbps African wifi?