Keep in mind this is an extremely early preview and most of these things can and will change. Some tooltips and developer quotes are hardly a substitute for in-game hands-on play, but that's no reason we can't discuss our thoughts and impressions.
Level 100 Talents
Touch of Elune wrote: Lunar Inspiration
Moonfire is now usable in Cat Form, generates 1 combo point, and costs 30 energy.
Will of Malfurion wrote: Bloody Thrash
Thrash now also spreads Rake to other damaged enemies.
Guardian: Restoration: Balance: Game MechanicsMight of Malorne wrote: Savagery
Savage Roar is now passive.
- Hit and Expertise removed. Hit and expertise soft caps are baseline for melee and ranged.
- Replaced with Amplitude (crit damage), Readiness (CD Reduction), and Multistrike. Also 'rare' secondaries such as Cleave and Movement Speed. The trinkets from this tier that have the same names were basically tests - the actual stats themselves wont necessarily be as OP.
- DoT snapshotting removed.
- Position requirement for abilities removed (sub rogues and ferals rejoice), Backstab removed entirely. However, there is still a 3% chance to be parried from the front so min/maxers will WANT to be behind. It just wont ruin your day anymore.
- Gear scaling is roughly 6% of what it currently is - the itemlevel of the gear is the same, but the stats on the gear are downsized.
- More dynamic trinkets - such as UVLS - are an idea he likes and wants to see more RNG-centered things that make the game more fun. On the other hand, he also likes trinkets with just base stats - such as +int +crit, nothing else. He likes all the current iterations and hopes to see them all through; On-Use, ICD, and RPPM.
- Haste breakpoints are not a thing anymore, the remaining time in the dot after the last tick will do damage equal to its time as a percentage of the tick speed.
Level 100 Talents
Discussion with Senior Technical Game Designer Kris Zierhut