raffy wrote:Have you experimented with forcing an instant HT if PS will fall off before another ability can be cast? What if it results in energy capping?
What about HT during Berserk?
Is HT modeled as a spell-cast GCD not a cat GCD?
Should Berserk and TF be aligned with the GCD expiration?
What's worth casting other than SR if SR is down? What if you have 0 combos as well? (In practice, I find an unpooled 0-combo SR very dangerous as it occasionally expires before the next finisher)
Before BitW, is FB ever worth casting? The guards around non-BitW FB seem pretty tight, making me wonder if it ever gets cast?
If you knew the exact damage a current DoT and then expected damage of a new DoT (if clipped) and any other information necessary, what is the optimal point to clip?
1. Action list already does this, worrying about energy capping is neutral at best.
2. DPS neutral if you do or don't.
3. Yes. There was a sim discrepancy during the MoP pre-patch where all spells in cat form were being forced to be a 1 second GCD (an old band-aid) but it was fixed and Healing Touch is now a 1.5 second GCD that scales with spell haste. You'll notice that if you run a sim you can compare the HT count to the time spent on HT and the latter will be higher.
4. Pretty much irrelevant. On paper you could fit 7 abilities in the 6 second window if you activate the first ability and the TF at the exact same time but in practice that is 100% impossible. SimC inserts a very very small delay inbetween each GCD so despite the TF line only ever triggering after the GCD ends it is still uncapable of fitting an extra ability in.
5. Pretty much only Faerie Fire (if it needs to be refreshed) and Healing Touch.
6. Yes, and they're actually not tight at all. It will Ferocious Bite anytime Rip is above 6 seconds remaining and clipping/refreshing Savage Roar isn't a more appealing alternative.
7. Varies dynamically based on how much stronger your new Rake would be than the current Rake. It would take a massive amount of work to figure out the actual curve.
I will say that points 1 & 2 are kind of "assumptions" at this point, as I haven't retested those things for a while and the action list has evolved a lot since I last did. I'd like to reevaluate them sometime soon when I have the time.