Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Moderator: Forum Administrators

myrdev

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Post by myrdev » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:19 pm

ShmooDude has it right - just about optimising as we are losing extremely strong buffs, not because of a specifically short buff. It could also be rephrased as the end of a vulnerability phase - ie puddle is about to explode on first ToT boss.

I think at this point it is just a hypothetical, I don't think we could practically reach enough non-snapshottable buff damage without a specific fight mechanic, but given the number of weird vulnerability / damage increasing mechanics in various bossfights in the past, it's a number I want to know how to calculate.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:07 pm

If this expansion is any example its likely to occur at least a few times in WoD.
ImageImage

ecolove

Post by ecolove » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:31 am

On Omen of Clarity and Clearcasting procs in 6.0 and WOD:

Shred only or would it be worth it to cast OOC FBs?
Also, do you guys rely on the in-game aura or do you have a WA string to help you out with clearcasting procs?

xahn
Honored

Post by xahn » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:54 am

ecolove wrote:On Omen of Clarity and Clearcasting procs in 6.0 and WOD:

Shred only or would it be worth it to cast OOC FBs?
Also, do you guys rely on the in-game aura or do you have a WA string to help you out with clearcasting procs?
I personally use a WA for clearcasting, I hate thingies that surrender my character so I remove the whole blizzard aura alerts from the interface, but thats just me, you should try it and see whatever feels more comfortable.

for OOC I personally keep shredding if i'm building points and FB if I have 5pnts and 50+ energy, sometimes I cast thrash when I see this OOC blue icon, I still do it. I don't keep thrash up as I used to prior to 6.0, but now I only cast it once with OOC, but sometimes I don't, I'd say it depends.
Stoppage @ 6.2 -- Waiting for new expansion.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ahn/simple

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:05 pm

With how much oomph Ferocious Bite has now, it'd be fairly silly use an OoC on Shred over it if you're already at 5 combo points (although I'm not sure if that was even part of the question). I imagine Thrash is still pretty competitive with Ferocious Bite for OoC usage considering you save twice as much energy, but I don't have any actual figures on that.

Re: Enchant 2H Weapon - Mighty Agility: I'll be switching back to Dancing Steel for launch and I would recommend anyone who is using Mighty Agility does the same. Might Agility only beats Dancing Steel by a small margin on Patchwerk, but when you add tons of downtime like you'd have when questing the proc suddenly gets a lot more appealing because its going to be up a significantly larger percent of the time that you're actually active.
ImageImage

TheLOOGE
Honored

Post by TheLOOGE » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:35 pm

Alright, so I've been perusing the interwebs and I found something very interesting:

"I think k my biggest problem is exactly what you said. Spamming shred ASAP.
I like feral just because I main a druid, but I much enjoy hitting SOME THING.
Question: during incarnation when you're cycling through points, after you use BT to buff rake/rip, do you just continue to use subsequent BTs on rake? If outside of incarnation shred?
But if you are autoattacking and bleeds are up, what extra damage are you gaining?

For your question. Incarnation will be like RoR now, just spam Rake.
Outside of Inc, only re-use Rake if you are at the end of TF. Otherwise, use Shred."

The non-italicized text is a response from an Icy Veins druid moderator. Is this rotation correct? Currently or at level 100, is it a damage increase to use Rake instead of Shred during Incarnation? Or am I a silly boy for reading anything on Icy Veins? It's got me second guessing myself and the information provided here....

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:14 pm

Shred does more damage and generates more combo points. Its feasible that with enough mastery Rake spamming would become optimal, but for the first tier of content it is not.
ImageImage

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:04 pm

Locking this thread as the guide for level 100 is here:
http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5086

PS: You may notice the guide itself has the same content, but that's just because I forgot I wanted to post a new thread ;)
ImageImage