Thrash uptimes...

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Ulthwé

Thrash uptimes...

Post by Ulthwé » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:01 pm

So I've been reading around on the forums a bit and have seen some things that I don't really understand... or maybe I'm just mis-informed. Either way, my question is regarding thrash uptimes. When I started feral back in ToT and was trying to teach myself how to play, I talked to a few ferals that had said my uptimes were too low. I was told that I should shoot for around 95% uptime on rip and rake and then at minimum 80%+ on thrash.
Reading through this page: http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 580#p21580 towards the bottom Edgy says that their thrash uptime (71%) is too high.

On a few fights yesterday while raiding I was hitting 97%+ uptimes on rip and rake, and I was at about 92% on thrash.
Is having that high of an uptime on thrash hurting my dps?

ShmooDude
Exalted

Re: Thrash uptimes...

Post by ShmooDude » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:07 pm

Use Thrash on clearcast, or anytime it doesn't overly interfere with your Rip uptime. If you've got 97%+ on Rip/Rake with 92% on thrash, then you're doing fine (prolly better than me).

Cetlysm
Honored

Post by Cetlysm » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Its sort of personal how you can play with thrash but having really high uptimes most of the time means you used less FBs, which means less PS procs, which means you have a higher chance to miss it for snapshotting bleeds.

Remember Rip and Rake are the main characters here, you should never risk missing a DoC for either one of them, or of course uptime.
If you can handle high thrash uptimes and perfect use of DoC and rip/rake uptimes, well that's pretty good then.

For HotW, I don't see any problem with super high uptimes, as long as you're clipping all the things like a madman and not wasting CP.
Last edited by Cetlysm on Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Ulthwé

Post by Ulthwé » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:56 pm

Yeah I prioritize rip and rake over thrash in every situation. I also only play HotW as I'm not really a fan of DoC. For me, FB usually ends up only being about 2% of my overall damage and without DoC, just doesn't feel worthwhile to use with HotW to generate PS procs, which I only use on myself anyways (<--selfish xD).

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:56 pm

The difference between only maintaining Thrash via Omen of Clarity and hard maintaining is a pretty small one and varies depending on what tool you're using to simulate and which settings you use. You could say its preference, although that's mostly because we just don't really know for certain what the best advice is.

Generally though as long as you're not harming your Rip and Rake uptimes you can have your Thrash uptime as high as you want and its not going to hurt your DPS any significant amount. Having very high uptimes does have the inherent advantage in any situation where there's secondary targets to cleave onto, even if only briefly. Malkorok and H Garrosh P1 if you're trying to push single target are good examples of where taking advantage of this is very helpful.
ImageImage

raffy
Exalted

Post by raffy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:13 pm

Ulthwé wrote:Edgy says that their thrash uptime (71%) is too high.
From my post: http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 580#p21734
Uptimes: your Rune (12%) and Haromm (14%) percentages are low, you got shafted by rngesus and there's not much you can do about this. SR (99%+), Rip (84% could be higher), Rake (92% decent but could be higher), and Thrash (71%, too high.)
Basically, these Rip/Rake uptimes seemed low and Thrash seemed high, so my recommendation was:
- reduce your Thrash use
- increase your Rip and Rake uptimes
This was not meant to be a general statement; it was specific to Bordino's parse.

As others have said, ideal Thrash use is pretty variable: sometimes you can Thrash a lot, sometimes you'll go for a period of time where it's difficult to Thrash, sometimes you'll Thrash and then screw yourself out of a double-trinket proc, sometimes everything just fits together and Thrash can be weaved very comfortably.

Alpheus
Revered

Post by Alpheus » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:07 am

raffy wrote:
Ulthwé wrote:Edgy says that their thrash uptime (71%) is too high.
From my post: http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 580#p21734
Uptimes: your Rune (12%) and Haromm (14%) percentages are low, you got shafted by rngesus and there's not much you can do about this. SR (99%+), Rip (84% could be higher), Rake (92% decent but could be higher), and Thrash (71%, too high.)
Basically, these Rip/Rake uptimes seemed low and Thrash seemed high, so my recommendation was:
- reduce your Thrash use
- increase your Rip and Rake uptimes
This was not meant to be a general statement; it was specific to Bordino's parse.

As others have said, ideal Thrash use is pretty variable: sometimes you can Thrash a lot, sometimes you'll go for a period of time where it's difficult to Thrash, sometimes you'll Thrash and then screw yourself out of a double-trinket proc, sometimes everything just fits together and Thrash can be weaved very comfortably.
Meanwhile on Beta... spam thrash in bear form :D

Amitty
Honored

Post by Amitty » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:50 am

OP should have mentioned that he plays HotW. With HotW bleed uptime close to 100% on all 3 bleeds isn't really an issue.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:43 pm

Alpheus wrote:Meanwhile on Beta... spam thrash in bear form :D
Lol yeah, I still actually wear my rune for leveling cause of this, 64k thrash crits are awesome.

duwaw

Post by duwaw » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:22 am

Thrash have the all up times available at the stage that was on this with the all parts of the useful data that I need. I need to get more details on this so I read bestessaytips reviews this w as available at the end of this article that was post by the other members.