703 Ovale thread

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

ShmooDude
Exalted

703 Ovale thread

Post by ShmooDude » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:26 am

10/7/17: (Ovale 7.3.0.3 or later): https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Shmoo ... Script.txt To use, type "/ovale code". Go to Custom Script and paste the script in there.

When pasting the script in, make sure that it ends on a blank line (ie after you paste it in, hit enter). It gives a syntax error if the text doesn't end with a new line. Using GitHub this line should be present already so you don't have to add it yourself like in pastebin.

Checkbox/Drop down box explanation from top of script

Code: Select all

# ShmooDude Feral and Guardian script
###
### Options:
# Interrupt - Suggests use of interuptting abilities, including stuns/knockbacks on non-boss targets.
#
#
# Not in Melee Range - Suggests movement abilities if available or a forward arrow if you're out of range.
#
#
# Multiple-targets rotation - If this is disabled, the AoE icon is removed
#
#
# Ashamane's Frenzy as main action - Puts the Ashamane's Frenzy suggestion in the main action box.
#       Requires TimeToDie of 20 seconds or more
#       If this is off, Ovale will suggest 2 CP Regrowths in the Short CD box.
# Shadowmeld as main action - Puts the Shadowmeld suggestion in the main action box.
#       Requires TimeToDie of 20 seconds or more
#       Suggested off except on (raid) bosses.
# Tiger's Fury multiplier prediction - Applies the Tiger's Fury multiplier if Tiger's Fury is ready.
#       e.g. If TF is being suggested, any Rip suggestions will assume you use TF first.
#
# Prevent capping BrS charges - Will suggest Brutal Slash if you are about to reach max charges.
#       Advantage: Helps not waste charges.  
#       Disadvantage: Will probably not have 3 charges when AoE for the encounter shows up.
# BrS at X targets - Minimum number of targets to suggest using Brutal Slash.
#       This will use all available Brutal Slash charges.
#       
# Only suggest BrS when TF is up
#       Good for Mythic+ to get the most out of your Brutal Slash charges
#       Too much haste makes this sub-optimal
# Rip - At how many seconds to overwrite a Rip
#       Default Pandemic
#
# Rake - At how many seconds to overwrite a Rake
#       Default 7 or
#               Pandemic with Ailuro Pouncers Legendary or you are not speced into Bloodtalons
# Savage Roar - At how many seconds to overwrite Savage Roar
#       Default Pandemic
#
Last edited by ShmooDude on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:54 am, edited 16 times in total.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Re: 703 Simcraft and Claw thread

Post by ShmooDude » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:40 am

First version Claw uploaded, please post any bugs you find.

Konungr
Exalted

Post by Konungr » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:04 am

Shmoo, add me on BNet, I got a couple questions to ask ya, since I can't really do much theorycrafting while I'm over here in Africa, and I can't get Ovale to do anything but an unstoppable Lua error.

Aperature

Post by Aperature » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:16 pm

Shmoo - thank you. I look forward to further updates as Legion progresses.

Kkrit

Post by Kkrit » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:16 am

Thanks for the update!
Are there any updates planned for basic ressources? I use this as a rogue and since you can now have 6CP it would be great, if it would be shown. This addon is to cool to abadon and use another one:) thx!

Zarzul
Honored

Post by Zarzul » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:27 am

Used Claw on last nite "fun" HC HFC run, worked very good.

but if i type /claw i loose the overview, could it be made more friendly ? (not that, you should put ure focus there :) )

bacevicius
Honored

Post by bacevicius » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:45 am

Hey Shmoo. I have a question about the claw you modified. I noticed that sometimes I can get an extra HT of the proc sometimes and then the one claw suggests still comes up at the right time for BITES and rake/rip refreshes. I have noticed that sometimes hitting HT when claw does not say to messes up a good 4 and 5 CP to bite etc. So is this a bug in the game getting two PS procs so close together that sometimes you can buff shreds and have another one up to buff the 4 and 5? its rare but its happened. I just didnt know if you purposely modified claw that way to ensure we always get a 4 and 5 point buff all the time. Also Ive noticed after the 1.3 min incarnation the energy is completley gone and theres alot more pooling going on than before this patch . OOC seems to have proc'd more previous to 7.0.3? Have you noticed this ?

Im pulling average 85-90K on the raid dummy with your claw version and with the thrash on single target being used. I have no way to sim but that s the average after 6 mins on a dummy after the initial 150-180k burst.

Gena365

Post by Gena365 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:49 pm

Hi there. I just downloaded this addon and I notice that in the rotation - Ferocious Bite never lights up to come into rotation. Any reason why this is? I am new to feral, so not sure if that's considered correct, but Icy Veins has that in the rotation. Thanks for the info!

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:53 pm

What is your talent setup?

bacevicius
Honored

Post by bacevicius » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:02 pm

Talents are INC BS JW and BT

Bloody81

Post by Bloody81 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:38 am

Hi ShmooDude

would you be so kind, to upload and program "claw" for the curse-client ?
So it would be easier to download, Update and install it for WOW.

greetings Bloody81

Edit: and by the way ; thank you for continueing the add-on.

Linkjay69

Post by Linkjay69 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:15 am

Just a heads up on the new alpha/beta claw for pre patch or beta, i've noticed the setting using thrash in single target isn't working as intended and with the coming set bonus in legion, would be a nice addition, also on that note, i have been playing around with the talents and it also seems that if you are not using Incarnation, the cooldown still comes up on the side, (doesn't change to berserk) and won't clear or act as if it was used even if Berserk has been used, other than that, good stuff!

Edit: also about the artifact ability cooldown, any plans to add that into the mix?

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:56 am

Linkjay69 wrote:Just a heads up on the new alpha/beta claw for pre patch or beta, i've noticed the setting using thrash in single target isn't working as intended and with the coming set bonus in legion, would be a nice addition, also on that note, i have been playing around with the talents and it also seems that if you are not using Incarnation, the cooldown still comes up on the side, (doesn't change to berserk) and won't clear or act as if it was used even if Berserk has been used, other than that, good stuff!

Edit: also about the artifact ability cooldown, any plans to add that into the mix?
I can look at the code again but I don't think that setting ever forced it into the rotation all the time. It was just used to remove it from the rotation for those that didn't want to use clearcast Thrash.

Anyhow, it has the ability to detect set bonuses so no need for that setting to be used for when you have the set bonus, it'll just add it automatically (once I've programmed it).

As far as artifact ability, it'll get added eventually if I continue updating the addon. Worked yesterday getting the alpha Ovale functional for ferals.
bacevicius wrote:Hey Shmoo. I have a question about the claw you modified. I noticed that sometimes I can get an extra HT of the proc sometimes and then the one claw suggests still comes up at the right time for BITES and rake/rip refreshes. I have noticed that sometimes hitting HT when claw does not say to messes up a good 4 and 5 CP to bite etc. So is this a bug in the game getting two PS procs so close together that sometimes you can buff shreds and have another one up to buff the 4 and 5? its rare but its happened. I just didnt know if you purposely modified claw that way to ensure we always get a 4 and 5 point buff all the time. Also Ive noticed after the 1.3 min incarnation the energy is completley gone and theres alot more pooling going on than before this patch . OOC seems to have proc'd more previous to 7.0.3? Have you noticed this ?

Im pulling average 85-90K on the raid dummy with your claw version and with the thrash on single target being used. I have no way to sim but that s the average after 6 mins on a dummy after the initial 150-180k burst.

Do you have the legendary? That's the only thing I can think of that'd give you an "extra" HT. Otherwise you shouldn't ever get more than 1 PS per finisher.

I did modify the PS logic to use it at 4 or 5 CP depending on if the rake refresh window was coming up. I think this technically came out DPS neutral/small loss with the set bonus but I'd hope (have to double check) that it'd help with snapshotting without. (if rake wasn't ready to be refreshed before, maybe it'll be after)
Gena365 wrote:Hi there. I just downloaded this addon and I notice that in the rotation - Ferocious Bite never lights up to come into rotation. Any reason why this is? I am new to feral, so not sure if that's considered correct, but Icy Veins has that in the rotation. Thanks for the info!
Not sure. If you're using SR and Jagged Wounds I could easily see that being the case but I've only ever tested it with BS/Inc/JW/BT since that what I use for raid currently.

Jacemora

Post by Jacemora » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:24 am

I installed and used it last night running some TW 5 mans.

Looks to be working pretty well although it did seem every now and again there were times when FB suggestion was coming a little late or not at all when I would be expecting it.

Was spec Blood Scent, INC, Saber, Bloodtalons.

This was in live not beta.

Linkjay69

Post by Linkjay69 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:35 pm

I can look at the code again but I don't think that setting ever forced it into the rotation all the time. It was just used to remove it from the rotation for those that didn't want to use clearcast Thrash.

Anyhow, it has the ability to detect set bonuses so no need for that setting to be used for when you have the set bonus, it'll just add it automatically (once I've programmed it).

As far as artifact ability, it'll get added eventually if I continue updating the addon. Worked yesterday getting the alpha Ovale functional for ferals.
So does that mean you are working on making Ovale working nicely for legion then, CD management and Artifact ability if that is the case, i'd be interested in Ovale, i stopped using Ovale awhile back when leafkiller scripts became redundant

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:55 pm

Yeah, though the heavy lifting is mostly going to be done by Sidoine. I mostly just submit tickets, sometimes with their own fixes, sometimes not. Some of the programming in there is beyond me. I got my local copy functioning normally but that's only level 100. Haven't tried it at 110. Though outside of the artifact specific stuff in the script it should work just as well at 110 as 100. I still need to also make some minor script changes, mostly pre-pull stuff.

Linkjay69

Post by Linkjay69 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:20 am

well, i may have to check that out myself and see what i can do with it, hopefully it gets all sorted out, pre pull and artifact spells, i do like Ovale, just fell outta touch with it's updates, so would be good to see it back in working order.

Edit: so i have been trying out Ovale, not sure on it's suggestions, since the default is suggesting just spamming shred and keeping rake? and also, the 7.0 script is suggesting FB and Rip without any combo points, if you could enlighten me on what i am doing wrong, or if you could shoot me a copy of your local script, so that maybe mine might work once more lol

Maleken

Post by Maleken » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:57 am

Hey ShmooDude,
the DenyLBGGlow function currently disables all gloweffects including stuff like WeakAuras glow.
mytry:
Spoiler: show

-- Disable action button glowing for addons using LibButtonGlow, e.g. Bartender4
local function DenyLBGGlow(frame)
	if not Claw.glow_blizzard and Claw.hide_spec ~= GetActiveSpecGroup() then
	--edit
		if frame:GetParent():GetName() == "WeakAurasFrame" then
			frame.__LBGoverlay:Show()
		else
			frame.__LBGoverlay:Hide()
		end
	--edit
	end
end
I'm simply excluding WA Frames from it but my lua is bad and quite ugly.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:22 pm

Linkjay69 wrote:well, i may have to check that out myself and see what i can do with it, hopefully it gets all sorted out, pre pull and artifact spells, i do like Ovale, just fell outta touch with it's updates, so would be good to see it back in working order.

Edit: so i have been trying out Ovale, not sure on it's suggestions, since the default is suggesting just spamming shred and keeping rake? and also, the 7.0 script is suggesting FB and Rip without any combo points, if you could enlighten me on what i am doing wrong, or if you could shoot me a copy of your local script, so that maybe mine might work once more lol
What's wrong is stuff in the code (for version 7.0.3 and earlier; some fixed in 7.0.4):

1) Combo Points aren't being updated at all so (as far as Ovale is concerned) you're always at 0. Blizzard changed the event associated with combo points being updated.
2) Snapshotting currently doesn't function. Ovale pulls the snapshot multipliers from information defined in scripts/ovale_spells_druid.lua.
3) Additionally, Ovale will sometimes fail to snapshot when using an ability removes the corresponding buff (ie using Rake removes Prowl, using the last charge of Bloodtalons, etc.).

EDIT: Removed fixes as any relevant ones are in the main post now (and better anyhow).
Last edited by ShmooDude on Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:25 pm

Maleken wrote:Hey ShmooDude,
the DenyLBGGlow function currently disables all gloweffects including stuff like WeakAuras glow.
mytry:

-- Disable action button glowing for addons using LibButtonGlow, e.g. Bartender4
local function DenyLBGGlow(frame)
	if not Claw.glow_blizzard and Claw.hide_spec ~= GetActiveSpecGroup() then
	--edit
		if frame:GetParent():GetName() == "WeakAurasFrame" then
			frame.__LBGoverlay:Show()
		else
			frame.__LBGoverlay:Hide()
		end
	--edit
	end
end
I'm simply excluding WA Frames from it but my lua is bad and quite ugly.
Yeah... Does anyone actually use the button glows? Honestly been thinking about removing all that stuff (assuming I continue with it at all).

Linkjay69

Re: 703 Claw/Ovale thread

Post by Linkjay69 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:30 am

Hey Shmoo, i just checked in now, thanks for this, i know sidoine is doing the heavy lifting, but you are a life save mate, absolute legend, cheers for that, i'll keep note on things i notice as well and report em back here. <3

Bear_from_heaven

Post by Bear_from_heaven » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:52 pm

Hey, thanks for addon mate. But there is any way that i can remove all except skills highlight? And i assume Savage Roar not working with this script yet, am I right, or it's only me who has a problem with that?

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:34 pm

Bear_from_heaven wrote:Hey, thanks for addon mate. But there is any way that i can remove all except skills highlight? And i assume Savage Roar not working with this script yet, am I right, or it's only me who has a problem with that?
I assume you mean you don't want the cooldown and/or interrupt to glow? You'd have to go in and edit the code. I believe all you'd need to do is comment out the appropriate lines in the UpdateGlows() function.

local function UpdateGlows()
	local glow, icon
	for i = 1, #glows do
		glow = glows[i]
		icon = glow.button.icon:GetTexture()
		if icon and glow.button.icon:IsVisible() and (
			(Claw.glow_main and ability.main and icon == ability.main.icon) or
			(Claw.glow_cooldown and ability.cd and icon == ability.cd.icon) or
			(Claw.glow_interrupt and ability.interrupt and icon == ability.interrupt.icon)
			) then
			if not glow:IsVisible() then
				glow.animIn:Play()
			end
		elseif glow:IsVisible() then
			glow.animIn:Stop()
			glow:Hide()
		end
	end
to

local function UpdateGlows()
	local glow, icon
	for i = 1, #glows do
		glow = glows[i]
		icon = glow.button.icon:GetTexture()
		if icon and glow.button.icon:IsVisible() and (
			(Claw.glow_main and ability.main and icon == ability.main.icon) -- or
		--	(Claw.glow_cooldown and ability.cd and icon == ability.cd.icon) or
		--	(Claw.glow_interrupt and ability.interrupt and icon == ability.interrupt.icon)
			) then
			if not glow:IsVisible() then
				glow.animIn:Play()
			end
		elseif glow:IsVisible() then
			glow.animIn:Stop()
			glow:Hide()
		end
	end

Bear_from_heaven

Post by Bear_from_heaven » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:05 pm

Nope, I mean I want to see only skill rotation glow, rest like combo points, energy bar I simply want to remove / hide them. I know I can hide an rotation icons, but somehow i can't hide combo points / energy bar.

Gnorzuk

Post by Gnorzuk » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:27 am

Hi,

just downloaded Claw, great addon, helps a returnee like me a lot.

I noticed that i always have the icon for Incarnation up on the right, but I am specced into Savage Roar so i suppose it shouldnt be up there.

Would be great if you could find a fix for that.

Edit: switched "left" and "right"
Last edited by Gnorzuk on Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.