Moderator: Forum Administrators

Silver100

Re: 703 Ovale thread

Post by Silver100 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:23 pm

Thank you for the link ShmooDude.

Kestrel

Post by Kestrel » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:52 pm

Doing mythic Vari right now and my performance is a lot better with the latest you linked, Shmoo.

Hairypitts

Post by Hairypitts » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:26 am

Shmoo, going from stock Ovale 7.3.8 to your modified Ovale was a huge improvement in performance in both M+ and raiding. The "un-decisiveness" with suggesting different finishers is almost non existent in my testing. You get all the kisses.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:58 pm

Hairypitts wrote:Shmoo, going from stock Ovale 7.3.8 to your modified Ovale was a huge improvement in performance in both M+ and raiding. The "un-decisiveness" with suggesting different finishers is almost non existent in my testing. You get all the kisses.
Wasn't even thinking about that, though that's probably because I stopped it updating on UNIT_POWER_FREQUENT.

Saij

Post by Saij » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:41 am

I love your version!
Before: only 20 FPS in our main raid.
Now: 40 FPS in our main raid! Finally! ^^
Really love your version!

Wellwow
Honored

Post by Wellwow » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:58 pm

It's been down for a few days, if not weeks. I'm very relieved it is back!

Darkmod

Post by Darkmod » Thu May 03, 2018 1:42 am

Looks like the Ovale development is a bit static right now. For my WW monk I have been using AethyusRotaionhttps://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/aethysrotation . I really like how they handle enemy count and all the scripts are based on the latest SIMC. The Fearl script is really clean too.

greenjeans
Honored

Post by greenjeans » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:26 pm

I've been fiddling with Resto cat weaving, loosely based on this - http://questionablyepic.com/restodruid-catweaving/

if anyone wants to try it, I'd appreciate the feedback! Just tack it on to the end of your existing script, and remember to leave a new line at the end...

Code: Select all

# Restoration CatWeave Script

AddFunction RestorationDefaultMainActions
{
	if not stance(druid_cat_form)
	{
		if Enemies(less 4) and target.DebuffExpires(moonfire_debuff) Spell(moonfire)
		if target.DebuffExpires(sunfire_debuff) Spell(sunfire)
	}
	if Talent(feral_affinity_talent) RestorationCatWeaveActions()
}

AddFunction RestorationCatWeaveActions
{
	Spell(cat_form)
	if Enemies(more 3)
	{
		Spell(swipe_cat)
		if Energy() < 30 Spell(regrowth)
	}
	if Enemies(less 4)
	{
		if ComboPoints() >= 1 and target.DebuffRemaining(rip_debuff) < BaseDuration(rip_debuff) * 0.3 - 1 and target.HealthPercent() < 25 Spell(ferocious_bite) 
		if ComboPoints() == 5 
		{
			if { Energy() > 50 or target.DebuffRemaining(rip_debuff) < BaseDuration(rip_debuff) * 0.3 } and target.HealthPercent() < 25 Spell(ferocious_bite) 
			if target.DebuffExpires(rip_debuff) or target.DebuffRemaining(rip_debuff) < BaseDuration(rip_debuff) * 0.3 + 5 Spell(rip)
			if Energy() > 50 and target.DebuffRemaining(rip_debuff) > 15 Spell(ferocious_bite)
		}
		if target.DebuffExpires(rake_debuff) or target.DebuffRemaining(rake_debuff) < BaseDuration(rake_debuff) * 0.3 + 3 Spell(rake) 
		if Enemies(more 1) Spell(swipe_cat)
		if Enemies(equal 1) Spell(shred)
		if Energy() < 30 Spell(regrowth)
	}
}

### Restoration icons

AddIcon help=main specialization=restoration
{
	RestorationDefaultMainActions()
}

DopeSick

Post by DopeSick » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:17 pm

Messing with it a little bit. Instead of starting with moonfire/sunfire out of combat, you usually enter combat in cat form also in stealth mode and open with rake. Then apply your moon/sun after energy is low, only to switch to bear form for like 1-2 swipes then back into cat for the rake>shred>rip/bite.

That's for opener though, as for already in combat rotation. As is, opening already in combat cuz ur like pre-hotting or something idk, but already in combat lets say. You have it set to do rake>shred>shred>regrowth....I'm not sure what the regrowth is for(when low energy I assume, but why?)? If you leave cat/bear form you lose bleed dmg by 20%. Normally I would do some rake>shredx2-3>bear form >swipex2 then back to cat or out to apply moon/sun if less than say 4seconds left on dot timers.

That being said, if its trash mobs, you just swipe or shred then ferocious bite, you're never going to use rip on anything besides a boss. Because you want damage, not bleeds, cuz mobs die so fast. Always ferocious bite on trash. Then when out of energy just spam swipe in bear form. Then back to cat after like 3-4 swipes in bear form. And keeping moon/sun up during this as well. moonfire spam in bearform isnt that bad either really, but not sure on the numbers.

nice job tho! :)

DopeSick

Post by DopeSick » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:45 pm

Also only showing 1 box as opposed to 2 separate boxes 1 for ST 1 for 2+. The multi target system takes effect of the 1 box when 3 mobs are tagged though, suggesting the swipe.

Tested a little bit with the chatoyant ring for +100 energy as well, if you have rip applied and not needing refreshed, its suggesting ferocious bite, which is fine. Except that ferocious bite does double dmg if you also have 50 energy to spend. It's not saying to wait until 50 energy to hit ferocious bite, or swap to bear for swipe. Using ferocioius bite with low energy only does 100% instead of 200% at 50+ energy. Seems like a dps loss. Again not sure of the numbers on that situation.

mictain

Post by mictain » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:57 am

By any chance is anyone updating feral for 8.0

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:21 pm

Yes, I'll have something ready.

Question: Given Feral Frenzy's lower cooldown and the fact that it doesn't buff damage like AF did. Do you think the option to have it in the main or short cd is necessary anymore or could we simply put it in the main box full time? The odds of wanting to save it are pretty low and it would save some processing power by simplifying the script.

Mathoran

Post by Mathoran » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:38 pm

Thanks for keeping the Script going Shmoo.

as for Feral Frenzy my vote is to keep it simple.

mictain

Post by mictain » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:46 am

Thank you for investing you time Shmoo. My thought about Feral Frenzy since it doesn´t buff dmg just throw it in full time.

Warelder

Post by Warelder » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:51 pm

Anyone else have Ovale disappear on them?

mictain

Post by mictain » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:58 am

mine isnt showing up either, but i think its because there has not been an update yet

Oronare
Honored

Post by Oronare » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:58 pm

mictain wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:58 am
mine isnt showing up either, but i think its because there has not been an update yet
Mine shows up (using 7.3.5 I think) but is stuck on the 'cat form' icon and just never updates. Hopefully there will be some sort of update soon as I believe the new 'best' talents/rotation is essentially the old BT one with moonfire thrown in.

DopeSick

Post by DopeSick » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:12 pm

The new rotation for ST now goes back to the old snapshotting with regrowth from bloodtalons talent. Currently using 3/3/1/2/2/3/2 for talents while beating on training dummies for a few hours. Moonfire into rotation makes it a little jank to get use to. Seriously took me about 45 minutes to get comfortable with it while just zoning out on dummies since that adds another keybinding, however moonfire has now replaced my Ashmane's Frenzy keybinding. If you don't like it, can just use blood scent (1) talent and get similar dps(less). Just basically the same rotation as before. jagged wounds is 20% faster bleeds now also, so this does change how often you need to refresh bleeds quite a bit over time.

Opener reverts to prior patch also! Regrowth > prowl(potion) > rake > savage roar > berserk/tigers fury(tf off gcd) > moonfire > shred > rip (5cp)

All that being said! I'm really enjoying being able to open up with rip and tear pvp talent with the new war mode pvp talents. Outdoor only of course no effect on raids or dungeons. Nice quality of life improvement for sure!

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:31 pm

I might upload my actual directory after a while to simplify installation, but for now, use this code (note that's not my repository, but it is the most up to date repository as I haven't uploaded some of my local changes yet):

https://github.com/mwojtkowski/Ovale

... with this script:

https://pastebin.com/L44FLT5f

Note: You might have to manually download/update the libraries (Ace3, etc.)

Kestrel

Post by Kestrel » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:58 pm

Hmm yeah I guess I need the libraries because Ovale doesn't show up at all. Which libraries are needed exactly? Or is there somewhere to find a list? Thanks again for all the work on this.

EDIT: I just found this, are these the ones we need?

https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/ova ... pendencies

PS I think you should just upload your folder :D

Oronare
Honored

Post by Oronare » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:37 pm

ShmooDude wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:31 pm
I might upload my actual directory after a while to simplify installation, but for now, use this code (note that's not my repository, but it is the most up to date repository as I haven't uploaded some of my local changes yet):

https://github.com/mwojtkowski/Ovale

... with this script:

https://pastebin.com/L44FLT5f

Note: You might have to manually download/update the libraries (Ace3, etc.)
I can see Ovale in my addons list but it doesn't open in game (or show in the interface window), and I cannot open the code/config windows. I have all the libraries in the 'dependencies' section. Perhaps you could upload your ovale/libraries folder?

Thanks for all your work on this Shmoo.

Edit: I got ovale to show up but even using your new script the icon stays on suggesting cat form.

Tavo

Post by Tavo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:40 pm

ShmooDude wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:31 pm
I might upload my actual directory after a while to simplify installation ...
Might be easiest! :) I haven't gotten Ovale to run in 8.01, either. (If there is a PayPal option for donating something to you for all your work on this, please share. You've put in a lot of work into this project.)

Oronare
Honored

Post by Oronare » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:27 am

For anyone having a problem getting Ovale to show here is what I just did to fix that: Basically install shmoos ovale at the above link (renaming ovale-master to just Ovale), and delete all ovale savedvariables in WTF then open wow and it should show up/enable you to paste the latest script. It seems like the old saved settings in WTF for ovale are bugging it out and not letting it show.

The script is a bit janky right now it seems but works well enough as a stop-gap :)

Devín

Post by Devín » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:14 am

Yeah. This didn't work for me. Ovale still not coming up

Cerberon

Post by Cerberon » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:12 pm

You can just download the Ovale-master.
Then rename the folder to Ovale.
You don't need the src and .vscode folders.
You need the libs and dist folders and the bindings.xml and .toc file (and LICENSE.txt README.MD if you want).
Now you need the libraries, which you can copy from your old Ovale libs folder (just leave the new libs.xml file, don't copy the old one over and you can leave out the LibArtifactData1.0 library as well as it isn't being used anymore).
EDIT: Built and script don't work properly, keeps giving errors.