703 Ovale thread

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Phurie

Re: 703 Ovale thread

Post by Phurie » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:49 pm

Wouldn't it be better to save the TF until the energy gain wouldn't be wasted?

Something like:
Regrowth (precombat)
Potion (precombat)
Berserk (precombat)

Moonfire
Moonfire
Moonfire
TF
Rake
Moonfire
Rip

Wellwow
Honored

Post by Wellwow » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:30 pm

That is why berserk is cast right before combat begins, to increase the energy cap to 150 prior to hitting Tiger's Fury. That way you get a TF-buffed rake from stealth, too.

Uxx

Post by Uxx » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:23 pm

anyone having trouble actually moving the ovale addon? the options in the interface menu are not working for me like they used to

Beatrix

Post by Beatrix » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:58 pm

Hi Shmoo

Will you be able to share your script for Ovale with us once you have updated it please

Clawandorder

Post by Clawandorder » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:25 am

ShmooDude wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:09 pm
I'm sure it is, I just haven't had the time to update it yet.
ShmooDude, you might want to wait until 8.1 There are a lot of changes to feral so you'll probably need a revamp. It's not up on the PTR yet from what i can see. The current script for the most part. Is working well. I am DPSing about 3k DPS over my sims.

ffferal

Post by ffferal » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:32 pm

Shmoo
Thanks for all your hard work on this over the years. It's very much appreciated. Looking forward to updates. Make a mechanism for donations or whatever and I'll throw money at you. I'm sure others will too.
Clawandorder wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:25 am
The current script for the most part. Is working well. I am DPSing about 3k DPS over my sims.
I...don't know what to say. Am I doing something wrong? Shmoo's script (7 September link) has been far from ideal for me for all of BFA raiding, and the BFA ones before that were performing even more erratically. Current script will happily overwrite a fully buffed Rip with an unbuffed one, suggests half-buffed Rips instead of FB with Sabertooth, etc. It sometimes lets dots drop off completely if you follow what it's telling you to do. I'm using it as a reminder/nudge to stay on track, rather than something to actually follow.

Also...3k dps over sims? Are you cherry-picking an ideal set of ingame numbers after a fight (a fight with an ingame buff mechanic, like double damage in final room for mother, or something) and comparing it to a patchwerk sim? Or are you saying that you can A. beat on a single target dummy and do 3k more than a 10,000 iteration sim suggests you can do?, and B. do this by following the current script?

I sim at [email protected] To do 20% (3k) over sims at that level would be nuts, wouldn't it? Moreso at lower item levels.

Clawandorder

Post by Clawandorder » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:46 pm

ffferal wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:32 pm
I...don't know what to say. Am I doing something wrong? Shmoo's script (7 September link) has been far from ideal for me for all of BFA raiding,
That's why i said "for the most part" It's not the be-all-end-all Ovale never has been. If i know i have a fully snapshotted set of dots, i will not overwrite them even if it's suggested.

My sims have me pulling sustained 10-11k dps I maintain about 13-14k at ilvl 362 through almost all raid bosses. I by no means meant to brag and if that came off that way i am sorry. I only posted to suggest to Schmoodude to wait a few more weeks so that time isnt wasted now on a complete revamp of his script.

The script is working well. Yes with some hiccups, but it's still working.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:15 am

ffferal wrote:
Current script will happily overwrite a fully buffed Rip with an unbuffed one, suggests half-buffed Rips instead of FB with Sabertooth, etc.
Strictly speaking, that's an "Ovale" problem not a "script" problem. Ovale quite often isn't saving Bloodtalons to bleeds properly so it thinks that a bleed is not BT buffed when it actually is (thus, you'd want to overwrite if it wasn't). If someone hasn't already, I'd make a ticket on Ovale's page as I haven't, and probably won't for a while, have time to run it down.

It's actually been a problem for ages, but became a much lower priority in 7.3.5 because we dropped BT in favor of MoC.

You can try this version of the script with the multiplier section removed: https://pastebin.com/qGxLcYCU
Just ensure with Sbt that you have a fully buffed Rip manually.

ffferal

Post by ffferal » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:40 pm

Clawandorder wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:46 pm
I only posted to suggest to Schmoodude to wait a few more weeks so that time isnt wasted now on a complete revamp of his script.
Will be interesting to see how long it takes for 8.1 to drop...it could be longer than a few weeks, though it does make sense that they would stick with Legion's schedule/pacing.
ShmooDude wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:15 am
Strictly speaking, that's an "Ovale" problem not a "script" problem. Ovale quite often isn't saving Bloodtalons to bleeds properly so it thinks that a bleed is not BT buffed when it actually is (thus, you'd want to overwrite if it wasn't). If someone hasn't already, I'd make a ticket on Ovale's page as I haven't, and probably won't for a while, have time to run it down.

It's actually been a problem for ages, but became a much lower priority in 7.3.5 because we dropped BT in favor of MoC.

You can try this version of the script with the multiplier section removed: https://pastebin.com/qGxLcYCU
Thanks for the explanation. I'll have that alternate script a crack.

Callipygian

Post by Callipygian » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:13 pm

ShmooDude wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:15 am
ffferal wrote:
Current script will happily overwrite a fully buffed Rip with an unbuffed one, suggests half-buffed Rips instead of FB with Sabertooth, etc.

Shmoo, thanks for all the great work. I've noticed the BT issue, and was wondering what the deal was. I've filed a ticket over at Ovale:

https://github.com/Sidoine/Ovale/issues/572

J23

Post by J23 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:13 pm

new things going on, read it here.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/24 ... uffs/page5

Have to go to the first page though.

ShadeofIcarus

Post by ShadeofIcarus » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:23 pm

So is there a way to modify the script based off of your Azerite traits (like it changed based off Luffas)

The rotation changes a bit depending on your traits. Some examples I'd like to get built in:

Use Moonfire instead of Shred (outside of OOC) if you have Power of the Moon

Keep Thrash uptime at 100% if using Wild Fleshrending (there's an option for this already, but is there a way to autodetect this?)

Rake after every Finisher when using Raking Ferocity regardless of duration.

RareBeast
Honored

Post by RareBeast » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:57 am

Also the trait that buffs maim.

Callipygian

Post by Callipygian » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:07 pm

I think you should always keep thrash up, even without WIld Fleshrending, but your question still stands. You can modify the script itself, if you understand APL -- I do not. I just use Ovale, but keep the various overrides in my head.

ShadeofIcarus

Post by ShadeofIcarus » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:23 pm

I mean yea, you should always keep Thrash up, but its super optional and the option exists to turn it on outside of WF.

I'd just like it to automatically go on when WF is equipped and go off otherwise. 8.1 Thrash is getting nerfed a bit and Shred is getting buffed a lot, so you're going to be putting work in that isn't needed.

ShadeofIcarus

Post by ShadeofIcarus » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:10 pm

Callipygian wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:07 pm
I think you should always keep thrash up, even without WIld Fleshrending, but your question still stands. You can modify the script itself, if you understand APL -- I do not. I just use Ovale, but keep the various overrides in my head.
Yea, I do the same, I pretty much use Ovale as a DoT & CD tracker more than anything.

I could probably do something similar with WA, but lazy...

I wonder if Schmoo is even playing, I might take over maintaining this if he quit.

Beatrix

Post by Beatrix » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:25 pm

Has anyone heard from Shmoo and whether or not he is still playing? I really hope this script for Ovale does not die, I realize that a lot of ferals are disgusted with the way feral plays in this expansion, but hope is coming in 8.1 ;)

ShadeofIcarusn : it would be cool if you think you can change the script to reflect the changes that are coming. I do not know any programming or even what an API is...

gsanta

Post by gsanta » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:25 am

Shmoo's last contact was Oct 1 and he made it sound like he would be gone for a while.

If ShadeofIcarus could pick this up that would be awesome.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:11 pm

Yeah, honestly I've put off updating it until 8.1 since things are changing (though seems like they're probably done with our changes).

If there's something specific you need modified I'll help as I can.

Warelder

Post by Warelder » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:39 am

Makes sense and ty schmoo for all of your coding :D Quick question though, come 8.1 and as you revamp the current coding, will it pick up the azerite traits in the chance we go potm build? Or at least a checkbox to change the suggested move (while still considering clear casting for Shred or Thrash)?

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:04 pm

Potm build won't require any special coding in 8.1 because they're moving the damage from instant to the periodic portion so you won't be spamming moonfire anymore.

Ovale does support checking azerite traits so if it's needed it's there (only one I can think of would be Wild Fleshrending)

Warelder

Post by Warelder » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:06 pm

Ahh understood and thank you for the insight.

Wellwow
Honored

Post by Wellwow » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:23 pm

There may not be any rotation changes but the current script, at least with a sabertooth build, recommends overwriting stronger rips with weaker ones. I'm used to it by now for the most part but sometimes screw up my starting rip when things get hectic. Would be awesome if that could get changed. (I say, not knowing if sabertooth is any good in 8.1.)

Squanchy

Post by Squanchy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:01 pm

I need to refresh myself, but sabertooth doesn't exist in 8.1 iirc. And we're moving from the way Rip works to the way Garrote works in that combo points just add additional duration, not additional damage, which sort of makes it moot. You just want Rip up, it probably doesn't snapshot anymore?

Sorry about anything I'm incorrect on, havn't played in a couple months and coming back Tuesday to see if things feel fun.

Arthaei
Honored

Post by Arthaei » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:42 am

Hi all, is it just me or the patch has gone live and none of the feral changes are present yet?
"Many druids died to bring us this information"