WeakAuras 2 - Feral Bleed Power r14 (Legion)

Pimp your interface.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

mightbechris

Re: WeakAuras 2 - Feral Bleed Power r13 (Legion)

Post by mightbechris » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:12 pm

I'm trying to move the display into my own already existsing icons but when i do (and I've copied everything in the custom functions and triggers and I've made sure to leave the "Feral Bleed Power r13" aura alone) I end up with "||cFF00FF00%d" as the display instead of numbers. I can't figure out how to replicate what you've done.

MoonBunnie

Post by MoonBunnie » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:42 pm

Deathlydruid wrote:Hey MoonBunnie,

I have two questions:
1. With the patch 7.3, when Savage Roar doesn't snapshot anymore, do the strings need updating, and do you plan to update those?
2. I integrated your snapshot strings into my own complete bleed timer package. Am I allowed to share this on wago.io publicly?

Thank you so much for these strings. Helped me out in the past and still work great to this day.

Greetings
Hey Deathlydruid,

I am indeed going to update the WA for patch 7.3 as the snapshotting logic and values are hard-coded into the WA and do need to be changed. There have been a few times in the past where the tooltip value did not match the actual bonus damage value (such as around 7.0 beta/launch), so I did not code in the ability for the WA to read the tooltip value. Should be out sometime today or tomorrow before 7.3 patch day!

You're welcome to integrate all or parts of this WA into your own for sharing, just don't forget to credit the original authors when using other people's work!
mightbechris wrote:I'm trying to move the display into my own already existsing icons but when i do (and I've copied everything in the custom functions and triggers and I've made sure to leave the "Feral Bleed Power r13" aura alone) I end up with "||cFF00FF00%d" as the display instead of numbers. I can't figure out how to replicate what you've done.
Sounds like the returned display value isn't correct in some way. The pipe characters at the start indicate it's trying to return the format string instead of interpreting it correctly. If you copied the custom function for the display text exactly, and set the text to "%c" to use the custom value, then I'm not sure what may be causing this. Can you double check the return lines in the custom function are identical the original? For reference, here's an example:

Code: Select all

return format("|cFF00FF00%d", val)
You'll notice even this string only has a single pipe at the start, so that makes me think something wasn't copied over correctly.

Deathlydruid

Post by Deathlydruid » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:41 pm

Thank you for your reply and thanks again for all the work. Should I decide to make my WAs public I will definitely credit you.

Cheers

Minibubble
Honored

Re: WeakAuras 2 - Feral Bleed Power r14 (Legion)

Post by Minibubble » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:16 pm

Hey MoonBunni,

first thank you for the WA. However it doesn't work with Bloodtalons. It shows 100% before triggering BT, and after triggering still 100%. When you snapshot with BT and don't have charges anymore it doesn't fell back to 100%.

MoonBunnie

Post by MoonBunnie » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:34 pm

Minibubble wrote:Hey MoonBunni,

first thank you for the WA. However it doesn't work with Bloodtalons. It shows 100% before triggering BT, and after triggering still 100%. When you snapshot with BT and don't have charges anymore it doesn't fell back to 100%.
Did you test this after a UI reload or after logging out of your character first? There's a new bit of code I added that tracks your talents and whether or not to check for certain buffs associated with those talents. It only gets executed when you first login, when you change talents, when you start a raid encounter, or when you reload your UI. Under normal circumstances, this should cover all situations correctly with the exception of when you first import the WA.

Let me know if you're still seeing the issue.

@Everyone else:
I've updated the WA for 7.3 and decided to host the import string over at wago.io (my post here was getting flagged as spam and I couldn't update it). Happy Legion'ing :)

Riako

Post by Riako » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:28 pm

Hey all, just found this amazing little WA. But I'm wondering if i can get some help or a better understanding of what I can and can not edit.

Currently I'm looking for a way to change the Numbers to just Texture in WA no just a WoW Interface Icon. But have them change to Green / White(gray) / Red, So I can better add them to my own WA suite.. If this is possible I'd love to know how because ATM I'm having a hard time warping my head around it. Since I can't add the custom LUA to a Texture but I'm not that great with LUA editing either. So some help here would be great lol.

Thanks for the help :)

oloo

Post by oloo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:34 am

So - for BFA - we need to provide id's for the buff's and debuff's and code to cycle through them all to find a match. I have fixed that within this addon but something else is funky. Specifically with Rip only it looks like. Has anyone else gotten this to work in BFA beta. It feels like its not tracking when Rip is getting applied or refreshed correctly (maybe with the combat log - but I couldn't find anything obviously wrong with it). I just don't know what else has changed going from Legion to BFA other than the id's on buffs/debuffs that would effect this WA.

Wellwow
Honored

Post by Wellwow » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:01 am

For anyone looking here for an update, it is on wago, version 16 as of this moment.
https://wago.io/Syz8eBzY-