Annoying trinket decision

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Oronare
Honored

Annoying trinket decision

Post by Oronare » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:32 am

So I had an 860 Memento of Angerboda drop. I have an 865 ursoc trinket which will obviously be one of the two, however now I need to choose between the others: Stormsinger Fulmination Charge which is also 860, so which of those is better, MoA vs SFC?

SFC does seem to proc quite a lot, and getting those 98% mastery rips/rakes feels nice, but generally I see the top ferals in warcraftlogs using Memento. Can't really sim them because sims are total garbage at these types of trinkets.

Cheers.
Last edited by Oronare on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Furial

Re: Annoying trinket decision

Post by Furial » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:40 am

I'm aware this won't be conclusive feedback but if you go on WarcraftLogs and look at the top DPS on every boss, most of the ferals in there have that Memento trinket which leads to believe the proc is crazy as hell. As far as I know, the 3 possible procs aren't on an internal cooldown with each other, could be wrong about that last part but that would make it OP.

EDIT: Also the Stormsinger Fulmination Charge only procs from ranged attacks so, probably only Moonfire if anything.

Oronare
Honored

Post by Oronare » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:18 am

Yeah I've seen they use it, however that may be because Ferals cannot ordinarily get the other trinket, it isn't on our drop list.

The trinket procs from everything apart from shred, so rake, rip, moonfire, thrash etc and when it is at 10 stacks, that is giving me 98% mastery, which is crazy to refresh rip/rake at.

According to my logs so far, each proc has around a 10% uptime and yeah they can stack which is cool, but dat mastery though, hmm.

http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5788 - discussion about it here.

Twitchys
Honored

Post by Twitchys » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:01 am

I'm not sure what the answer to the initial question is, but I wanted to note that temporary stat buffs do not snapshot, so there should be no reason to refresh your dots during a high mastery proc.

Oronare
Honored

Post by Oronare » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:10 pm

Twitchys wrote:I'm not sure what the answer to the initial question is, but I wanted to note that temporary stat buffs do not snapshot, so there should be no reason to refresh your dots during a high mastery proc.
Yeah but you need the Rip/Rake to be active on the target for the duration of the buff or it is partially wasted, so refreshing a rip with Tf/10 stacks if it is on say 7 seconds would be worth it.

Noticed that the mastery proc from the memento gives around 80 something mastery, so i think the fact you also get the crit/haste procs that will make it edge out ahead of the pure mastery proc, so I will stick with this i think.

Ceriron

Post by Ceriron » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:02 pm

Besides that needs the trinket an uptime of about 30%.
However the trinket fluctuates ans gives 16-28%, so I'd say take Angerboda with BTI

daqutuho

Post by daqutuho » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:28 am

Annoying the all trinket that has the all decision available on it this was good to read the all aspect on this. I need to get some details for my report so I can make my assignment help review this has the all aspection on it that was able to read on the all pats that was useful.