Help with my Feral DPS

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

wolfmarian

Help with my Feral DPS

Post by wolfmarian » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:19 am

Hello everybody!

First of all i have to say that i am spanish, so if something is bad written i apologize for it in advance.

I write here because i am desperated about my dps with feral, my favourite druid class.

My artifact is to the maximun, and i cant seem to do more than 300-320Ks

I dont know if there is a big difference in combatlogs between normal/heroic and LFR raids, i just recorded the last fight with Xavius on LFR here:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DV78fbmBCk1vxGXT/

http://clawnalyst.nimos.ws/DV78fbmBCk1vxGXT_1_1.html

Here´s is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/es/character/z ... ian/simple

If you need more data please tell me.
--------------

As i was saying, i am desperate because everybody keeps telling me that my dps is too low. I have read a lot of guides, saw a lot of video tutorials... and i cant manage to get higher dps numbers, i dont know where i am failing to obtain this.

I dont know either what is the maximum dps i can do.

I generally do regrowth to gain blood talons charges and savage roar, along with rake, shred, and swipe to obtain combo points and rake / savage roar to spend them, so i always have the bloods on the enemy, renewing it periodically. Also when i dont have enough energy i use Tiger´s fury and sometimes along with berkerk.

But i have to say that many times i end withouth enough energy to cast attacks, so i have to wait some seconds until i can do rake, shred, etc again. I dont know if i am managing my energy correctly either.

Can you guide me? I am getting tired of people saying "low dps" and kicking me from higher level raids.

Thank you very much!

ShmooDude
Exalted

Re: Help with my Feral DPS

Post by ShmooDude » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:34 am

http://clawnalyst.nimos.ws/DV78fbmBCk1vxGXT_1_1.html

You're not using Bloodtalons correctly. You want to use it on your bleeds, especially Rip. 100% of your Rake, Rip and Ashamane's Frenzy should be affected by Bloodtalons (sometimes you might not have BT on a rake if you get really bad rng or have downtime, but Rip and Ashamane's Frenzy must be 100%). There's other issues but they're minor compared to that one. You can look at the link above to get more specifics.

If you're not sure how to do that, Xanzara's guide is a good place to start.

wolfmarian

Post by wolfmarian » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:11 pm

Thank you, trying that. But i see that blood talons goes off very quickly and i have to do regrowth a lot so i can use it correctly (i have constant predator swiftness with my boots),

Anything about the rotation? Im trying to do it fast, but i run out of energy very early.

I have to learn how to pool... reading the guide, its a bit complicated for me because im spanish.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:00 am

You need to delay your Regrowth casts so that they're being used at 5 combo points, not immediately. That way you're buffing your Rip casts.

Try installing Ovale and use my script with it http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5709

Might help you figure out what needs to be done better than the guide. It'll show you what button to press when.

Kunakorn

Post by Kunakorn » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:38 am

The idea is very good.

wolfmarian

Post by wolfmarian » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:47 pm

Hello.

Thank you very much for your help, i installed a few addons, and tried to do a rotation, to use more bloodtalons, etc.

Here the data of my last fight vs xavius.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Pb ... e&source=8

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Pb ... 4false%240

http://clawnalyst.nimos.ws/zhcvb79WZnawqgmQ_1_0.html

It is better? or is still something failing?

Again thank you very much!

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:01 am

Better, but your Bloodtalons benefits is still really low. You should have Bloodtalons on near 100% of your Rake, Rip and Ashamane's Frenzy. My best guess is you're using SR without 5 Combo points (except maybe on the pull). Always get to 5 combo points so you're guaranteed a Predatory Swiftness charge. Always use Regrowth at 5 combo points or if the predatory swiftness buff is going to expire. Always use Ashamane's Frenzy with a BT charge. Don't be afraid to refresh Rake early (like really early, anything less than like 7-9 seconds) if you have a BT charge.

wolfmarian

Post by wolfmarian » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:43 am

Mmm so i have to do this?

Regrowth, savage roar, rake, shred (to 5 combo points), regrowth, rip...

I have to use regrowth every time i have to do a rake?

And every time i have to use savage roar at five combo points too?

That is a lot, isn it?

(I dont understand very well the concept, Btw im not using ovale, should i? Thank you!).

Can you put a list of attacks here, one by one and in order?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Wellwow
Honored

Post by Wellwow » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:14 pm

Install Ovale, add the script in the original post here as custom code, then go to a target dummy and try it out.

wolfmarian

Post by wolfmarian » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:53 pm

That means that i have to memorize the ovale pattern so i can do it by myself.

Isn´t it difficult?

Because when you are in combat, you cant stay still, you have to move to avoid areas.

Doing that while pressing buttons... It seems difficult.

Was it really difficult for you?

Thank you, ill try.

Nich
Honored

Post by Nich » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:45 pm

You have the pouncers/legendary boots. With a few exceptions, if you're not using BT on every rip and rake and thrash, you're either using too many charges on shred, or you're wasting charges by letting it sit at 3 stacks.

A typical opening might be regrowth, prowl, rake, SR, frenzy, press buttons until 5cp, regrowth, rip, rake.

At that point, you'll need to just watch timers on everything. SR about to fall off? Press that. Rip or rake about to fall off? prioritise that.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:11 am

wolfmarian wrote:That means that i have to memorize the ovale pattern so i can do it by myself.

Isn´t it difficult?

Because when you are in combat, you cant stay still, you have to move to avoid areas.

Doing that while pressing buttons... It seems difficult.

Was it really difficult for you?

Thank you, ill try.
Yeah, Feral is one of the more difficult specs out there at the moment. There's a lot of things to keep track of. Don't know if this'll help but these are the notes I put into simcraft to describe the rotation (trimmed a bit for stuff you probably won't ever use like Elune's Guidance), its a priority list. There's more for AoE fights but lets start with the single target for now.

# Keep Rip from falling off during execute range (using Ferocious Bite, regardless of Combo Points).
# Use Regrowth at 5 Combo Points, if Predatory Swiftness is about to fall off, or at 2 Combo Points before Ashamane's Frenzy (since AF generates 3 Combo Points your next ability after it will be a finisher)
# Pouncers only: Use Regrowth when you have more than 1 stack of Predatory Swiftness and Bloodtalons has no charges
# Use Savage Roar if it's expired
# Refresh Rip at 8 seconds or for a stronger Rip (ie Tiger's Fury)
# Refresh Savage Roar at 13 seconds with Jagged Wounds
# Ferocious Bite at 50 energy when Rip and Savage Roar have good durations left or during execute range to refresh Rip
# Refresh Rake at 9 seconds with a Bloodtalons stack
# Shred when Rake has a good duration left

All Finishers are used at 5 Combo Points (again with the possible exception of the opener)
All Generators are used at less than 5 Combo Points

Basically, all Ovale does is take these rules, and decides what the best action is. For me personally, I have to use Ovale, I don't think I could play it otherwise, that's why I work so hard to make sure the script is giving the correct suggestions. But you still need to know WHY its making those decisions, and then you can decide for yourself if you want to just continue using Ovale, or if you want to try to wean yourself off of it (its not perfect, especially when it comes to adds).

wolfmarian

Post by wolfmarian » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:54 pm

Thanks!

I was using ovale before, but it was difficult for me to move, jump, avoid areas etc while looking at the buttons i had to press.

So, i have to use savage roar at 5 pc (and regrowth before savage roar?)

Always regrowth before each rake i see. and also regrowth and rip (5 pc).

Which is the medium level of dps one feral should have at 880 ivl?

Ayleena
Honored

Post by Ayleena » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:06 pm

I downloaded and tried out Ovale for the first time last week. I was pleased that for the most part my decisions were the same as Ovale's, so I generally have it up for help in moments where I either have a brain fart (this happens more and more as I get older lol), or when I have 5 combo points and Rip and SR are on similar timers.

My biggest problem with dps is just maintaining it along with the fight mechanics. It's always been an unforgiving spec when it comes to target switching and aoe, but it's even moreso now. I did Guldan for the first time last week and didn't die on the kill, but managed to come in dead last in dps behind both tanks. It's pretty depressing.

Ghrell
Honored

Post by Ghrell » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:01 pm

wolfmarian wrote:Thanks!

I was using ovale before, but it was difficult for me to move, jump, avoid areas etc while looking at the buttons i had to press.

So, i have to use savage roar at 5 pc (and regrowth before savage roar?)

Always regrowth before each rake i see. and also regrowth and rip (5 pc).

Which is the medium level of dps one feral should have at 880 ivl?
Depends on the fight, the strategy your guild uses on the fight, the duration, your trinkets, what relics you have in your weapon, the level of your weapon, whether you use consumables such as flasks and potions. Best option is to sim yourself.

Also using the logs you provided, it's difficult to see where to improve since it only contains Xavius kills and Xavius is a very complex and hectic fight.
One of the most important things I saw was that you cast 26 finishers but only cast Regrowth 15 times meaning you missed a LOT of Blood Talon buffs that you should've had.

Also, it's easiest to do something along the lines of...pool energy, Cast Blood Talons, Cast Rip, Cast Rake, build to 5 combo points, and pool energy again, Cast Savage Roar, Cast Rake(+Ashamane's Frenzy if it's up), build to 5 combo points and repeat. This is not the most optimal rotation but it should help you get somewhat used to using BT on finishing moves that deal damage and using on Rake as much as you can. Shmoodude's script is a more accurate representation of optimal damage but it's important to understand how to weave DoT uptime around Buff uptime with the energy and resources you have available.

jepafa

Post by jepafa » Tue May 14, 2019 4:51 am

I need some help by making the forum this was the assignment that I have to submit at this week it was not easy for me. I search a lot about the data but did not get enough so I took help from ukbestessay I paid them for that or they will make me the report on time that was just amazing.