ShmooDude's Feral Hekili profile

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

ShmooDude
Exalted

Re: ShmooDude's Feral Hekili profile

Post by ShmooDude » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:38 am

@Bashui - You shouldn't need to turn off Berserk in the APL, just turn off showing cooldowns in the main options (pretty sure its the only thing flagged as such for us).

Technically I don't know if shadowmeld works at all since I don't have a NE druid to test with. However, it wouldn't surprise me if the shadowmeld given for the raid has a different spell ID than the one given to real NEs which would prevent it from working since everything is based on spell ID. Next time you're in there, I'd check what the spell ID is.

Oronare
Honored

Post by Oronare » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:06 am

ShmooDude wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:38 am
@Bashui - You shouldn't need to turn off Berserk in the APL, just turn off showing cooldowns in the main options (pretty sure its the only thing flagged as such for us).

Technically I don't know if shadowmeld works at all since I don't have a NE druid to test with. However, it wouldn't surprise me if the shadowmeld given for the raid has a different spell ID than the one given to real NEs which would prevent it from working since everything is based on spell ID. Next time you're in there, I'd check what the spell ID is.
Just wondering if you (or anyone) knows how you can make hekili look (work?) like ovale in this respect.

For example have the 'primary' icon be a single icon but with a second icon next to it, or smaller to the side showing your CDs like berserk/tf being off?

I tried setting berserk and TF as defensives and enabling the defensives icon, but now it just shows in the primary icon *and* a 2nd icon lol

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:08 pm

Yeah, don't think there is a way. we'd have to request that the hekili dev make a new cooldowns box akin to the defensives one.

EDIT: It'd be pretty simple to make berserk/tf weak auras though that work just like Ovale's cooldown boxes. Just like the one posted above by Bashui

Bashui

Post by Bashui » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:39 pm

ShmooDude wrote:
Ahh good to know.
ShmooDude wrote:
Looking at logs It looks like it is the same spell id. I am not sure why WA gave me trouble with it thursday, but last night it worked fine. I worked up a similar WA (https://wago.io/fFsbE1eWY). The only thing I punted on is the rake multiplier. Now I just need to figure out how to set up a macro to use shadowmeld when I have the buff.

RareBeast
Honored

Post by RareBeast » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:22 am

Thanks for your work on this Shmoo. Really useful for both myself and my 7 yr old son I am teaching to be a feral :)

Is there an easy way to tell Kelili that FB needs 50 energy? I have a terrible habit of hitting FB too early and wasting the extra damage. When I run my logs through https://wowanalyzer.com/ this is by far my biggest DPS loss.

Also, I remember the old days of pooling energy. Is that still a thing and can Hekili handle it?

Once again - thanks for all your work on this.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:04 pm

@RareBeast - Technically it does, but by default 6it doesn't show it and simply mimics the in game "not enough energy" view (and since FB costs 25 energy and not 50, that's what it shows).

Under Displays -> Primary (and AOE if you use that one) -> Delays tab
... is where the relevant settings are. I turn on "Show Text (Countdown)" and check "Fade as Unusable". I also changed the anchor point to center and upped the font size but that's all personal preference. Most classes don't need any of that on as it's simply unnecessary so it makes sense that it defaults to off in Hekili, but it's needed for something like feral, especially as you note for Ferocious Bite.

As far as energy pooling in general, nothing I've found really makes a difference in simcraft. Even in previous expansions when I did have an APL that used energy pooling, it was never used with SotF which is the go to talent on that row now. Right now the only pooling that's done (outside of the 50 energy for FB obviously) is for when Rake is about to expire, it won't shred unless there's enough energy for both Shred and Rake (or CC is up).

Arthaei
Honored

Post by Arthaei » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:07 am

Hey Shmoo just wondering is there a way to make the script suggest Primal Wrath when specced for it rather than Rip? it appears to do this when there's only 1 enemy, obviously the extra range and damage component of this ability means Rip is just redundant so I'm not sure why it's doing this?

It's just a dps loss at the moment when it's suggesting normal Rip.
"Many druids died to bring us this information"

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:10 pm

@Arthaei - Rip isn't redundant, it lasts twice as long. If you mean using Primal Wrath in place of Rip because Sabertooth will refresh it, the amount of extra code needed to make sure it only does this under the "right" circumstances isn't really worthwhile for the miniscule gain you'd get from it. 12 seconds simply isn't enough time to guarantee a proper rotational refresh from Ferocious Bite.

RareBeast
Honored

Post by RareBeast » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:06 am

Quick bump so this doesn't get buried by the current spate of spam......

Alcowhorlick

Post by Alcowhorlick » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:30 pm

It's been tough moving away from Ovale after all these years, but am enjoying using Hekili just as much now. :-)

The only thing I have noticed is to do with the combination of having Brutal Slash talented and a Wild Fleshrending trait.
I've never seen it suggest a Shred without Thrash applied, but it never seems to suggest Thrash before Brutal Slash, and the tooltip of Wild Fleshrending says it buffs it instead of Swipe when talented.
I notice this especially at the start of a fight, when I know I haven't Thrashed yet, but I suspect it's doing it throughout.
I did wonder if maybe there wasn't a dps gain from doing it on single target, or if it wasn't being applied correctly(Brutal Slash not getting the buff), so was ignored on either basis.
Thought I'd bring it up here in case it's just slipped through the cracks.

Bashui

Post by Bashui » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:34 pm

One thing I have noticed about the profile is that it never seems to switch over to swipe spam, even during reaping waves with LOTS of targets. I changed the swipe rule in the aoe generators section to be

Code: Select all

buff.scent_of_blood.up | spell_targets.swipe_cat > 3
and it reliably stops recommending rake at more than 3 targets in the aoe box. The actual break even point seems to be somewhere between 2.7 targets (with 3 WF traits) and 4.8 targets (with 3 BM traits) assuming the rake runs the full duration, which is very often not the case in mass aoe situations, and you probably can decide for yourself which targets are going to live that long.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:33 pm

@ Alcowhorlick It does in most situations but there is a bit of a "gap"

It will Thrash before Brutal Slash at 4+ targets or against a single target (w/ WFR), but not 2 or 3. The problem is there's so many edge cases in the middle where the question of if Thrash is worth using before Brutal Slash isn't cut and dried I just left it this way for simplicity's sake.

@ Bashui - That was intentional, most fights it's generally a good idea to keep your Rake up on at least one high health target while also aoeing. So even though technically Swipe beats Rake in DPE at around 4 targets (depending on traits), most of the time you won't lose anything by maintaining a Rake (and remember, it has to get a full duration Rake out at those higher target numbers) and it's probably better for the group/raid to do so because enemies only live a finite amount of time.

Super simplified example:
Rake does 3 damage per 3 seconds (plus 4 on initial), Shred does 9 damage, and Swipe does 5 damage to each target to keep the math simple. Abilities are used every 3 seconds

Target A has 34 health, Target B, C, and D have 20 health each.

By strict DPE standards, we'd go
Swipe x4 -> Rake -> Shred where the secondary targets die at 9 seconds and A dies at 15
94 damage; 6.3 DPS

However, if we go ahead and move Rake to the front,
Rake -> Swipe x4 then everything dies at 12 seconds
94 damage (+2 overkill) 7.8 DPS
while also using one less ability

This is not an uncommon occurrence in M+. The idea being when you're using the script, you maintain Rake on your primary target (probably highest health enemy in the group or a boss) and cleave to everything else. You're right in that this logic doesn't necessarily work with Reaping depending on how the enemies funnel in but I feel it's better in almost every other ingame situation.

If you want to add some sort of target cap where it will spam Swipe, I would suggest waiting until Swipe beats Rake by a significant margin. (so instead of `> 3` like you have above, use `> 6` instead).

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:16 am

The latest version of Hekili now has an option to allow the cooldown sweep to work like Ovale does (it will finish when the ability is supposed to be used, including energy requirements). Although it's not working right in v8.1.5-12 but I've opened an issue and hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Displays -> X (Primary or AoE) -> Delays

Check your settings as it looks like when it changed that your old Delays Indicator setting might be blank now (mine was).

If you want the "Extend Cooldown Sweep" to function properly until a new version comes out, remove the code quoted in my ticket: https://github.com/Hekili/hekili/issues/117 from UI.lua
EDIT: Apparently that has its own problems, although it works ok in most situations.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:47 pm

14-alpha1 and on should have it working correctly now.

Ryvella

Post by Ryvella » Fri May 03, 2019 8:45 am

Hi ShmooDude,

many thanks for your script. for me shadowmeld is not displayed in the rotation as a night elf neither in hekili's or in your script
(German Client)

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sat May 04, 2019 8:15 pm

Hekili restricts shadowmeld to bosses only, is that where you're trying to use it?

EDIT: Once I removed this restriction for testing purposes, everything else about shadowmeld works correctly on the PTR (only place I can have a 120 NE druid since I'm horde)

Ryvella

Post by Ryvella » Mon May 06, 2019 9:02 am

Hey ShmooDude,

thank you for your prompt reply. I tested it in lfr, dungeons and world bosses. it was not suggested to me. I will reset hekili and retest

Snapshot:

[ 22] Checking shadowmeld (ShmooDude's Feral - cooldowns - 9 )...
shadowmeld is known and enabled.
The action (shadowmeld) is unusable at (0.00 + 0.00) because ability 'usable' function returned false without explanation.
Returned from list (cooldowns), current recommendation is NoAction (+60.00).
Removed cooldowns from stack.

Target: Worldboss Ivus
in Dazar'alor same

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Mon May 06, 2019 6:39 pm

Try going into the "Hekili\Classes\DruidFeral.lua" file, line 1730 and delete "and race.night_elf ". In other words this:

usable = function () return boss and race.night_elf end,
to

usable = function () return boss end,
Tell me if that allows it to show.

I suspect the race detection isn't setup for non-english clients. If that doesn't work, replace "boss" with "true" and then see what happens but I'm betting the first one will work because "worldboss" isn't localized but the races are.

Ryvella

Post by Ryvella » Tue May 07, 2019 2:33 am

Hi Smoo,

many thanks. you're on the right way. that really seems to be the mistake!

[ 22] Checking shadowmeld (ShmooDude's Feral - cooldowns - 9 )...
shadowmeld is known and enabled.
The action (shadowmeld) is usable at (1.00 + 0.00).
- the action is ready before the current recommendation (at +0.00 vs. +60.00).
List ( cooldowns ) called from ( ShmooDude's Feral:default:6 ) would PASS at 0.00.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Tue May 07, 2019 7:56 pm

Put in a pull request for Hekili: https://github.com/Hekili/hekili/pull/123

Not sure when it will be include in the official version, until then you can just keep using the one you edited.

Oronare
Honored

Post by Oronare » Thu May 09, 2019 12:38 pm

Sometimes it is suggesting to use the second stack of BT on BS rather than refreshing a rake, this is even when you have absolutely zero chance to get back to 4/5 CP, regrowth and get a BT rake up. Is this optimal, or should I just ignore it and be safe and refresh the rake with the second stack of BT?

Cheers.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Thu May 09, 2019 5:50 pm

Depends, I'd need more specifics. Most likely is it's simply a multi-target situation and so it's suggesting Brutal Slash over Rake for that reason. If you're talking single target, then is it overwriting a Prowl/Shadowmeld buffed Rake? If so you let those expire. Otherwise, your target could be dying and thus Rake not worth refreshing.

Hekili has a pause function that will allow you to see the specifics of the criteria for the specific suggestion. Default keybinding is ALT-SHIFT-P or you can use the checkbox in the Toggles tab. Everytime you pause, it creates a snapshot which tells you exactly how it got to the suggestions. If you want a more specific answer I'd need you to post yours (probably in a pastebin, it's long) where you think it's giving an incorrect suggestion.

Oronare
Honored

Post by Oronare » Thu May 16, 2019 12:11 pm

Quick followup to the above, it seems to be suggesting maintaining thrash on two targets, but I'm not sure this is correct (no WF traits) as the discord seems to think that thrash is pretty much not worth it on anything below 5+ targets? Just ignore it when it suggests thrash and keep doing the normal cleave stuff (maintain rake/rip on both)

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Thu May 16, 2019 1:22 pm

Seems DPS neutral in Dungeon Slice sims (on my char) so would probably be fine to increase the target count needed for (non WF) Thrash. I'll consider it.

MaddyLif3

Post by MaddyLif3 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:49 pm

Is the profile listed in the first post of this thread what I need to import (is it updated correctly) or do I just install hekili and go with what it gives me? Basically is Smhoo’a profile the default for Hekili or do I need to import one (and if so which one). Thanks