Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Saij

Re: Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Post by Saij » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:18 am

If you need help developing Ovale just ask ^.^
I really love your AddOn and already tried to implement TimeToEclipse() function and other not-working-balance-things ^.^

Also I should work on my own Cat Script - currently I don't like the way it works...

Jeshu
Revered

Post by Jeshu » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:22 pm

Saij wrote:If you need help developing Ovale just ask ^.^
I really love your AddOn and already tried to implement TimeToEclipse() function and other not-working-balance-things ^.^
This is off-topic in this thread, but Ovale is an open-source, MIT-licensed project, so anyone who wants to help develop can freely submit code to the project either through CurseForge or GitHub (the latter is preferred if you know how to do that). There is practically never enough time for me to do everything on my TODO list in a timely manner, so if you want to take a stab at fixing something or adding a feature that's missing, you should always feel free to do so.

Jeshu
Revered

Post by Jeshu » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:16 pm

Can anyone test Ovale 6.0.45 and report if the flicker/jitter has calmed down any?

Aperature

Post by Aperature » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:34 am

I just downloaded the Ovale-6.0.46 version. It looks to have fixed the flickering. I only spent like 10 mins on a target dummy, but it doesn't seem to be exhibiting the flickering I remembered from the past. Big thanks.

Any progress on a Balance script - :p Because I am terrible at balance and need all the help I can get.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:18 am

Flickering seems to be improved on Feral, but not on my hunter.

EDIT: change fixed to improved, as poster below me said its not perfect (I didn't do extensive testing, just a quick target dummy test)
Last edited by ShmooDude on Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:59 pm

Flickering is definitely improved, but there are still some additional sweeps happening--typically as the abilities approach being ready. However, the constant sweeping while pooling for Shreds is basically gone.

The only problem I have noticed with this new version is that I feel like it has introduced errors in the suggested timing of FB and TF.

I noticed in the raid last night that it was occasionally showing FB as 'ready' before I was actually at 50 Energy. It was also sometimes suggesting TF when I was past 40 Energy.

I ended up wasting 56 Energy from TF on Imperator last night reacting to the icon flashing up, which is something I have never had a problem with before. (For comparison, I only wasted 7 Energy on the entire clear on every boss and trash pull up to Imperator on Wednesday! I also don't think I had any wasted TF Energy from the previous couple Imperator logs I have available.) I paid more attention to the timing after noticing a few caps during that fight, so it's definitely something one can play around but I don't think this was happening previously.

The FB issue came up a number of times where I observed it was lighting up around 45 Energy, but I typically double-check that before pressing the button.

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:21 pm

So, in addition to the TF timing issue (which came up in the APL thread) something else I noticed is that the current version seems to get really confused with the pooling for FB vs. pooling for SR sometimes.

I noticed a few cases where it kept swapping between predicted FB and SR prompts (while pooling) every second or so.

Probably some specific case when the remaining duration of SR is within a second of the threshold or something?

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:29 pm

Kojiyama wrote:So, in addition to the TF timing issue (which came up in the APL thread) something else I noticed is that the current version seems to get really confused with the pooling for FB vs. pooling for SR sometimes.

I noticed a few cases where it kept swapping between predicted FB and SR prompts (while pooling) every second or so.

Probably some specific case when the remaining duration of SR is within a second of the threshold or something?
Yea, this can happen in other instances too. I've had Rip/SR or Rip/FB flip back and forth too. Basically it just means that the higher priority condition is just on the edge of its conditions and that there's some fraction of a second difference from somewhere making it flip between true and false. In these instances its not really a big deal cause you could really use either and it'd be fine.

I haven't seen any issue with Tiger's Fury (though I am using my own version of the script, not the one coming with Ovale). The only time it'll really flicker is if I'm at like 38+ energy when the GCD finishes, and I don't hit it right away so it goes past 40. Nothing even close to wasting 56 energy (which means what, you were at almost max energy when it showed up?).

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:58 pm

Haven't had issues with flickering, just suggesting it too late relative to energy regen. I just changed the threshold for my own script down to 35 energy because of the way it is suggesting it given the delay issue I mentioned in the other thread.

Also, when I say that I wasted 56 energy, that was combined over the entire fight--which included 20 TF casts total. Probably just 5-6 at a time over a number of TF's, since that appears to be what happens with my current energy regen levels (~11.3/sec unbuffed) with the 400-500ms delay on the next ability when it is very near to 40 energy.

Whenever it is toggling undecided between FB and SR pooling, I typically err on the side of using FB because there is some risk with the timing of using SR before its pandemic threshold (since I think this only happens when it is on the edge of that) which seems like a worse option than FBing when SR is still at its maximum pandemic timing.

This is probably less likely to happen using the newest APL since the Rip logic added recently is a little more robust and will be used for more of the 5 CP pooling phases.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:22 pm

Ah, ok, 56 energy over the entire fight makes sense. And yea, with the TF bug, that's not too surprising. Planning to do a lot of minor tweaks to the thresholds for my script too. Since we're not computers =)

Targg

Post by Targg » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:15 pm

Love everything you guys do.

Shmoo are you still making a custom / Leafkiller script you are going to share, or is the beta one you posted a bit ago still viable?

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:10 am

It'll work still, though I really need to recompile it with the latest simcrafft update adding my custom stuff back.

Jeshu
Revered

Post by Jeshu » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:21 am

@ShmooDude: Not sure if you're playing with this aspect of the SimulationCraft translator, but you can explicitly set the tags for the spells to force them to either a cd, shortcd or main spell. The tags are ordered so that cd > shortcd > main in terms of what priority you should cast the spells. You can use the following syntax at the start of your script but below the Includes() statements to, e.g., force Tiger's Fury to be a main spell instead of a shortcd one:

Code: Select all

SpellInfo(tigers_fury tag=main)
Ovale applies a default tag to a spell using the following rules:
  1. If cooldown > 90s, then tag as cd.
  2. If cd > 29s or the spell does not trigger the GCD, then tag as shortcd.
  3. Tag as main.
You can see the bottom of ovale_druid_spells.lua where I already put some overrides to the default tagging.

Targg

Post by Targg » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:27 pm

I look forward to it if you are willing to share Shmoo. I get along fine with the default script, but I like the sound of the few changes you have made.

sn0wman

Post by sn0wman » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:06 pm

Postby Jeshu » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:38 pm

sn0wman wrote:
As a Feral/Boomkin, any updates on the balance script? saw the ticket on curse project site but haven't seen any updates around it.

That's the next big project after my current one for Ovale is complete, so hopefully RealSoonNow(TM).
Bump, where's my moonfirespam buttons :)

Trustpk

Post by Trustpk » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:59 am

Hi !
I´m reading this forum for a while. Great work, great people !
Sorry for my english, i´m from Germany.

So i have a question:

I start using ovale out of the box. checking the options, and see that i can import some simcraft logs? Is it right that i can simcraft my char and then import this log to ovale to aim a better rotation or DPS?

Jeshu
Revered

Post by Jeshu » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:14 am

Trustpk wrote:Is it right that i can simcraft my char and then import this log to ovale to aim a better rotation or DPS?
No, Ovale allows you to import a SimulationCraft profile, e.g., the feral druid default profile that aggixx put together, and Ovale will export an Ovale script that you can copy-and-paste into the "custom script" panel. The default Ovale scripts are generated using this method from the Tier17M profiles that come with the latest release of SimulationCraft.

Trustpk

Post by Trustpk » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:10 pm

Sorry, perhaps i ask the wrong question.

Is it possible having better results with importing my own equip and simcraft or is the standard script just fine?

Leafkiller
Exalted

Post by Leafkiller » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:09 pm

Trustpk wrote:Sorry, perhaps i ask the wrong question.

Is it possible having better results with importing my own equip and simcraft or is the standard script just fine?

You should probably direct your question to the people who are actually working on the simc script right now to see if they are taking into account item level for their scripts. I have not seen any sign of it, so the likely answer is no you won't do better.

Probably a better answer is, the standard script is fine. If you can execute that properly (at least on the stationary fights) you should be performing above 90% compared to other ferals with comparable gear (something you can see if your raid loads your logs into Ask Mr. Robot). For movement and add fights, obviously just being able to execute a single target rotation is not enough - but that is what makes the game fun.

Jeshu
Revered

Post by Jeshu » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:37 pm

If you import your character into SimulationCraft via the armory, you can try to tweak the APL to improve the simulated DPS using your own gear. If it is an improvement over the default feral APL, then you can certainly import it into Ovale.

Leafkiller
Exalted

Post by Leafkiller » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:44 am

Jeshu wrote:If you import your character into SimulationCraft via the armory, you can try to tweak the APL to improve the simulated DPS using your own gear. If it is an improvement over the default feral APL, then you can certainly import it into Ovale.
Not easy to do...that script has been tweaked a lot.

Mykeela

Post by Mykeela » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:22 pm

Sorry for the noob question but where can I update this addon? ovale/nerien's

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:36 pm

Curse.com. You don't need Neriens anymore though. It's all built in.

Alsoria

Post by Alsoria » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:50 pm

Okay, Ovale isn't showing at all for me. It was working fine in LFR this afternoon, but not at all tonight in raid. I've updated all addons and installed various versions of Ovale. Anyone else having similar issues?

Issue solved. Today's update fixed it for me. Thank you! :D

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:12 pm

Since it seems unclear if Ovale will actually be updated right away for 6.2, I was looking into what steps we'd need to take to hack temporary support for the new APL.

For those comfortable with hacking around in lua files, I made the following changes which seem to make it parse the current APL without any issues:

SimulationCraft.lua

Search for "local CHARACTER_PROPERTY = {" (approx line 2680) and add the following entries at the bottom:

["spell_targets.swipe"]	= "Enemies()",
		["spell_targets.thrash_cat"] = "Enemies()",
Search for the Druid part of EmitOperandSpecial via "-- "wild_charge_movement" is a fake SimulationCraft buff that lasts for the" (approx line 3235) and add another conditional below that:

elseif class == "DRUID" and operand == "t18_class_trinket" then
		code = "HasTrinket(124514)"
Equipment.lua

Search for "local OVALE_ARMORSET = {" and scroll down to Druid, paste in the following line around line 149:

[124246] = "T18",		[124255] = "T18",		[124261] = "T18",		[124267] = "T18",		[124272] = "T18",
In theory, I think these are all the changes needed to support it initially. We may eventually have to plug support for the different trinkets in ovale_trinkets_wod.lua, but this should get it running for now. (At least it was able to parse my imported SimC APL without any FIXME things showing up!)